Thursday, April 2, 2020

Unity -- A Sew In Place QA with Bonnie Hunter Part 1

This morning I couldn't sleep.  No, not because of the problems of the world, but because a certain 12 year old was up and walking around the house with his flashlight because the bulb burnt out in his Spiderman light... 

I got up for a bit and finished sewing the medallion center of my Unity QA quilt with Bonnie Hunter.


I have decided that I'm not going to pick fabrics or worry about color placements so much on this quilt.  I am working from my neutrals scrap bin.  I did use the same fabric to frame the medallion center.  I love it already!  That's what matters.  I know I'm adding a new project to my long list, but I am just being tugged to play along with this QA.  We're all in this together.

You can find the instructions for this on Bonnie's blog, Quiltville's Quips & Snips.

5 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wow!! What an interesting take on the UNITY QAL, Kathy. I'm thinking that I am going to LOVE your quilt!

Darlene said...

Neutrals are looking good

Preeti said...

The champagne colors look lovely enough to sip :-) It shows how my brain works :-p

Linda Swanekamp said...

Very calming and sparkley piece. The neutrals worked so well.

gayle said...

Oooo! This is going to be a really interesting version! Can't wait to see how it turns out!