Sunday, April 19, 2020

Slow Sunday Stitching

I haven't been getting as much slow stitching in as I did when I was working as a substitute teacher.   Now that I have a "start" on the clue for April, hopefully I will keep going and get it done by the end of the month.


I did get out my sew-to-go bag item out and tried to stitch on it while in "class" at home.  


Now that I'm home I am trying to piece a lot because I have my machine near.


We got out Owen's go kart out for Easter Sunday.  This would be in the category of "not so slow".  My husband has the governor adjusted way down so that Owen can't go too fast.  When it is not adjusted, this thing will go at least 55 MPH with my husband driving.  (I'm more of a 25 MPH girl).  LOL.  My husband built him this go kart a few years ago for his birthday.  He just wasn't ready for it.  The adjustable seat and speeds is something that he can use for years.  Now that we have a driveway that is a nice "oval track" for him, we can have tons of fun.  I follow him on the four-wheeler for now.  We're still working on not riding the brake right now.  He'll get it.  He really likes mud puddles, bumps, and spinning out on the curves.

I'm linking up at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.  Check out the fun here.

Slow Sunday Stitching

7 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

My sons would have loved the go cart, not sure I would have though. Enjoy your stitching, machine and hand both!

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOL!! LOVE that concentration that Owen is displaying in your stitching photo! My guys had a go cart when they were younger. Too bad we only got a small one. How much fun Owen will have as he grows!!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

It's always scary for moms watching our kids do things that could be dangerous. Sounds like your husband is very talented and learning to drive at an early age comes in handy later on in life. Hope you get more stitching time this week!

Karrin Hurd said...

Happy stitching! Hope you get more time this week!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Owen looks engrossed in his lesson there, so that could be the perfect time to pull out your cross-stitch project! The go-kart sounds like a lot of fun!

Deb A said...

That would be so fun for any boy to drive! Your son is very lucky. Puddles and bumps are the best Mom, don't you know! Hope you are able to get some stitching in while he is doing some school work this week.

Kim said...

Your Owen looks as if he has the best fun on his go kart. Hopefully you will be able to enjoy some slow stitching this week.