Sunday, April 19, 2020

Halter-Top Drawstring-Type Mask

Today is mask prototype day.  Although I am making several types of masks, I am going to post about each separately so that I can keep the sources separate and give credit where credit is due.

I like this one.  It is a YouTube video by Homemadeonourhomestead.  You can find it here.



Again I put elastic on the top for a better fit.  I used 1" cut t-shirt for the soft tie.  It is a halter-style mask in that the loop goes around the back of the neck and it ties once in the back.  I made this pattern last week.  The difference is the t-shirt ties and I sewed the elastic about 1.5" from the edge.  It was easier to turn to make the casing for the halter-type drawstring ties.  This is the same mask pattern that Bonnie Hunter referenced on her blog a while back.  I like it.  Time to make one for my sister-in-law.  She will like the coffee fabric. 

1 comment:

Linda Swanekamp said...

I made the one Bonnie showed. I like the construction and the ties, but I don't know how to get some shape for the nose to fit tigher. I made the other one you did also, and did not like sewing those long strips on the mask. If there was a way to put a dart in this one without being raw edge, I would be all set.