Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Short & Sweet Complete

I'm happy to say I have finally finished my little quilt called Short & Sweet.


Short and Sweet is a beautiful little quilt design by Kim Diehl from her book Simple Charm.

I started this little quilt in August, 2017.  I wanted something pretty to carry in my sew-to-go bag to school (and other places where I could stitch -- the bus stop, speech therapy, bowling...)  This has been one of my Slow Sunday Stitching projects.  I link up weekly with that group on Sundays at Kathy's Quilts.  I didn't used to be one to like to stitch things by hand.  Through that group I have learned and been inspired.  Come check out the fun on Sundays!  Grab a cup of something and enjoy all the eye candy.  :)

I quilted it with a general all-over stipple.  I didn't want to take away from all the little petals (perfect or not.)  I'm still learning how to stitch perfect petals, but I LOVE the organic look and the colors of this quilt.  The fabrics were scraps left over from my Homestead Harvest.  The fabric line is Pheasant Hill, Kansas Troubles Quilters by Moda.  I got it with one of the first gift cards to the Fat Quarter Shop that I ever one and it sat on my shelf for a few years before I found the right place to use it.  I am SEW glad I finally cut into it!  The cute little Fat Eighth bundle looked so sweet on the shelf.

Homestead Harvest is another pattern by Kim Diehl. You can read about that Slow Sunday Stitching project finished in 2017 here.   It hangs on our bedroom wall.  I'm pretty sure Short & Sweet will hang in the bedroom too.



I'm also happy to report that my OMG (One Main Goal) for April is now complete.  Woohoo!  I'm linking up at Elm Street Quits for the April Finish Link-Up.

April OMG finish link-up is open!

4 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

You did an excellent job. Both quilts look fantastic. Congrats on another finish.

Julierose said...

Oooh what lovely quilts--i love that ddep dark chocolate fabric a lot...wonderful works!
~ ~ ~ waving in the sunshine at last ;))) Julierose

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on a well finished UFO!! It is sure to look good wherever you choose to use it.

Patty said...

Lovely. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.