Saturday, April 18, 2020

More Box Kite Blocks for RSC20

This week I made four box kite blocks.  Box Kite is a Bonnie Hunter pattern.  I now have 62 total box kite blocks.  It's time to do some math.  I could do two more and make an 8 x 8 layout for a smaller quilt.  We shall see...


We do not have any indoor pets at this time (so my husband thinks...)  I have been waiting patiently for the right dog to come into our family (or two).  For now the four little kittens born around 3/13 have all my attention.  I started handling them this week so that they don't become too wild.  Look at this little blue-eyed girl...


She didn't quite know what to do in the carpeted "mailbox" thing that we got at Goodwill a couple of months back.  But look at those sweet blue eyes and that white face and paws.  I can't help but pick her up (and one of her siblings so that she doesn't get lonely) and bring her in to pet while watching tv.  Shhhh.  Don't tell me husband.  He doesn't want an inside pet.  LOL.

When I was about five or six years old I had a cat named LuLu.  Well, I decided to name this kitten Lulu too because I loved that cat so much.

I'm linking up with Angela's blog for the RSC20.  Check out Angela's cute house block progress too!

grab button for SoScrappy

13 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Love, love, LOVE that block with the black and white background with a polka dot center!! SEW cute! What a sweet little kitten, but I'm with your DH on the pet policy.

maggie fellow said...

the box kite blocks are a fun mix of scrappy - what a sweet kitten.

Julierose said...

Just adorable blocks--nice work ~ ~ ~ waving under my brolly Julierose

Chantal said...

Love the blocks, Kathy, but I'm afraid that kitten is stealing the show. She's adorable. My DH is the same too and I sooooo love cats. Sigh! Enjoy her for me please. ;^)

Gretchen Weaver said...

I like your blocks but sorry, I agree with your husband. I am not an indoor animal person. Have a good week of stitching!

Gretchen Weaver said...

Julierose, what's a brolly? Thanks!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I really like your box kite blocks, Kathy! I bet they make a neat pattern when you put them together. And what an adorable kitten! I would enjoy a little furry someone like that, but my hubby is not interested either. :)

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Love the kitten, and the blocks! Cats are such good company. Good luck getting Hubby on your team.

Jenny said...

Of course you need a new kitten, Lulu is beautiful!

Cathy said...

No indoor pets here either. But we do have a lot of free range cats. We feed them but have to bring the food in at night or the raccoons and possums get fed too.

Looking forward to a Box Kite quilt soon!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Well, I have a cat. I have had up to three at a time. This guy is always doing something that gets our attention. I love having an indoor cat and having a companion while sewing. I would not want to be without one, my life would be not as interesting.

Susie H said...

I wondered the same thing and Google says it's an umbrella. Guess it was raining Down Under. Lol!

Susie H said...

Perfect little RSC kitty with those light blue eyes! I love my Polly and can't imagine not having her around. When hubby sees how happy Lulu makes you, surely he'll have a change of heart. Love the Box Kites. Going to make a pretty quilt, no matter the size!