Monday, March 30, 2020

Sand Castles Flimsy Is Complete

I finished my Sand Castles flimsy yesterday!  Sand Castles is a Bonnie Hunter pattern.


It was super windy yesterday.  It was exercise running around the quilt to take a photo without a corner flying up or a side rolling in.  But I got it.



I will have to grab some big pieces of stash and make a back sometime soon.  It's almost time to be able to longarm.  It got up to 72 degrees here in Ohio yesterday.  It's only 42 this morning.  Brrr.

I am 2/3 finished with my flowerbeds.  I was hoping to share a picture of the finished one here today, but tomorrow is another day.  It's a little gloomy out this morning even at 8am.  It's still windy.  Looks like a great day for some to "home school" and then sew.

I can show you my first case of poison ivy for 2020...  Do you have a favorite home remedy for it?


This angle kinda makes Owen look distorted... I was standing up on a rock when I took it.   He's showing me how much mud I splashed on him while he was in the wagon behind the four-wheeler.  Wanna know a secret?  I did it on purpose.  He's not a big fan of having stuff on him such as paint, mud, tape,  bandaids.... (It's a sensory thing.)  He complained at first and then realized that it's okay.  By the third trip to dump the wagon he wanted me to go faster through the mud.  YEAH!  Mission accomplished.  He even has a dot of mud on the tip of his nose.  LOL.  Oh he was such a great helper yesterday.  He loves being home with both parents for sure.


4 comments:

Julierose said...

This came out beautifully-great job congratulations...
~ ~ ~ waving wildly from afar Julierose ;)))

The Joyful Quilter said...

GORGEOUS, Kathy!!! Don't show that poison ivy to my DH. He'll catch it! I don't blame Owen for his aversion to paint, mud, etc. I'm not a fan, myself. Good job on challenging his "sensory thing", Mom! Little victories. :o))

patty a. said...

Congratulations on getting the top done! It is beautiful! I get poison ivy easy and years ago I had to go get some Pregnazone - I don't know how to spell it - because it was traveling from place to place. Now a days if I have one or two blisters forming I just dab isopropyl alcohol on them a couple times a day. That seems to dry it up. Your patch looks pretty big. I am glad Owen is ok with mud now. That change is an important milestone for him and has to help his confidence.

Vera said...

Looks like lots of work and tiny pieces! Well done!