Saturday, March 28, 2020

Scrap Happy Saturday Sand Castles

I thought for sure I would have this quilt top together.  I'm distracted by things in the world.  I'm also just going outside to pick up sticks, work in the yard, play in the flowerbeds, home school the kid.

I did get five rows of my Sand Castles quilt put together.  This is a Bonnie Hunter pattern.


This quilt is laying on our bed, of course.  With all three of us home I can't use my "design floor".  It is on top of my 1052 tumblers quilt that I totally love.  Last week when I started putting the blocks together I really didn't care for this quilt as much as others.  Now that the rows are starting to go together it is starting to grow on me--just like my dear bloggy/quilty friend, Joy, of The Joyful Quilter, told me it would.  I always love the friendship and encouragement of the people in our groups.

I'm linking up with Angela's blog, SoScrappy, for The RSC20.  Grab a cup of coffee or something and come look at all the inspirational and colorful projects going on.

SoScrappy

Mr. Sunshine was super excited to have his first video chat with his teacher from school yesterday.


I did make him a cake to celebrate his YouTube followers.  It was followed by a better cake that wasn't so dry.  Woohoo!  He has 15 subscribers now.  He's so excited.  You can find us at:

Thank you for those that hit the subscribe button in this group!  It really made his day!

10 comments:

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

The Sand Castle quilt look wonderful and the tumbler block quilt is just amazing...that is on my to-do list.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I love your quilt. I am usually not crazy about browns, but in this quilt, the browns make the colors shine. Great job!

Julierose said...

Loving that quilt--we have all been disrupted in all ways I think; find myself walking around (at home of course) in a fog..

~ ~ ~ ~ waves from Julierose ;)) Stay safe now...

grammajudyb said...

I too, have felt distracted and “at loose ends “ as my mother used to say! I jump from project to project! Sewing, cleaning a drawer, sewing, reading blogs...and so on!
Loved Mr Sunshine’s video!

Gretchen Weaver said...

I haven't been fond of the sandcastle blocks I've seen on blogs but seeing one put together is great!

The Joyful Quilter said...

That's great news, Kathy! Thanks for the shout out. :o))
Regarding more movement than quilting, good for you.
Exercise is an amazing stress reducer!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Distracted by things out in the world is exactly the way to put it! Your sandcastle blocks are looking great as you sew them together!

Deb A said...

I think we are all distracted lately. Your blocks are lovely and with the amount of pieces in them I think you have done a great job. Getting out for fresh air and doing yard things around teaching is a full days job in itself. I LOVE your tumbler quilt, by the way.

patty a. said...

Your sandcastle top is looking great! I am glad it is growing on you. Your tumbler quilt reminds me of the one I made for the turn of the millennium. For some insane reason I made one with 2000 pieces each being a different fabric. It was huge by the time I got it sewn together. I think I finally finished it in 2010.

Susie H said...

Great job on Sand Castles. How many more blocks/rows are left to sew together? It is an amazing quilt. Our ground is too soggy to do much in the yard yet but the dog walks are a daily distraction. Have a great day!