Friday, March 27, 2020

Yard Work

Today should be the last of my tiny campfire in the chicken yard.  After everything cools the chickens will love the ashes for their dust bath.  It's also a great way to control lice (which we don't have yet this year!)  It's taking me a little while to burn these because the big log is still green.  I should be done burning all the stuff by today.


This is probably a boring post to most people.  But I am taking time to enjoy the quiet outside.  I feel safe in our little part of the world.  I can see our son magnet fishing in the creek.  I can see my husband doing who knows what up at his pole barn with the tractor.  

After I finish this project we'll all be a little closer because I have a larger flower bed that needs cleaned out--big time.  Here's a photo of it in August of 2019 when I planned on cleaning it out as soon as our son went back to school.  I got called to work as a sub right away and have been working steady ever since then.  I finally have time to work on it.  Hopefully I'll have a nice before/after shot early next week.  I'll pull out the stuff I don't want and replant some other perennials.  Everything I throw away will go into the chicken yard.  They will LOVE rooting through their new playground of green stuff when they are not allowed to free roam.  (I don't let them free roam when I am not working in the yard due to predators like fox and hawks.  This should keep me busy for a while...



Do you use the app called Life 360?  We love it.  We don't have anything to hide from each other.  Here's my SIL, me and my husband.  You can see we haven't left home since Monday, 3/23/20, at 4:50 pm.  My SIL is an "essential employee".  She still has to go to work.  It doesn't even feel like my husband, son and I have been home all week.  We have plenty to do.


We consider our household on total lock down.  That means no one out and no one in.  We are going to stay home and stretch things as long as it takes.  I will miss my SIL coming over dearly.  We are thankful for modern technology of facetime and things of that sort.

2 comments:

patty a. said...

It has to feel good to get those jobs done that otherwise would be harder to do after a long day's work. What is magnet fishing?

The Joyful Quilter said...

Good for you guys on staying home, Kathy!! I haven't left the house since Wednesday of last week. DH went out twice to buy groceries. DS1 came home 2 weekends in a row and stayed the week the 2nd time. Now, we won't see him for AT LEAST 2 weeks. I was given an extra BIG hug when he left. :o))