Monday, January 21, 2019

Garden Party -- BOMs Away!

Because the color of the month is RED for the RSC19, I decided to start working on my Garden Party quilt.  This is a Bonnie Hunter pattern.  It can be found in her book Addicted to Scraps. 

 
I added two extra rows to make the quilt larger.  The original size is only 82" x 82".  I am now at the point where I can count to see how many more blocks I need.
 

All of the red framed 9-patch blocks are now complete, as are the ends and the last corner!






I lay the blocks on the bed and carefully pick them up in order so that I can chain sew them.

I take pictures just in case they get mixed up while being sewn.

Look at all those yummy scraps!
I over estimated by a few.  After sewing all of my blocks I still had this many left over.  I'll use them for another project.  I know I'll be using scrappy red cornerstones for my  RSC plus quilt.
 
I am primarily concentrating on finishing this quilt top.  This is my designated personal BOM.
 
I'm linking up with Lynette at What a Hoot for BOMs Away!
 
 
My husband got old "Betsy" (the black truck) out to plow the driveway.  His friend stopped by to see if he needed help.  Betsy used to be a pulling truck at the fair.  She's a '71 Chevy with a big block.  Shifting her is a little sensitive, but I can do it when I have to.  It's nice to see her out and about.
 

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Those red blocks are lovely. Wow that looks like a lot of snow!!

Gretchen Weaver said...

I love your Garden Party quilt, I'm very tempted to start one. Maybe when I finish some of the other quilts on my list for this year. She'll be a beauty! Looks like you got more snow than we did. I think snow looks so pretty when it completely covers the ground. It was so windy when we got our last snow the ground isn't covered evenly. We got piles here and there but some places in the yard, the grass shows. Happy stitching!

Rebecca Grace said...

Your Garden Party quilt looks amazing! Love, love, love it! :-) And I love seeing the snowy yard pictures, too. We never see anything like that here in North Carolina, but the nostalgia for my childhood in Minnesota kicks in something fierce when I see pictures of fir trees laden with snow and the whole Earth blanketed in fluffy white snow like a fresh new beginning. Stay warm, quilt on, and enjoy that beautiful wonderland beyond your window!