Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Unsewing Day

Thank goodness one of my readers (Jennifer that blogs at Life's Little Adventures) commented and told me that part of my house was upside down!  At first I was thinking I would just leave all twelve blocks that way.  I mean they are all the same, right?  Who would notice?  Well, I couldn't sleep due to some sinus drainage (hence the Mucus Relief in the photo... the Aleve is for my knee).  I needed to be quiet becaue it's 4am.  So I grabbed the stitch ripper...  I need that white bar on the bottom of the schoolhouse to be flipped up to meet the roof.

So here's my current situation:


 I was cruising right along on my little Accuquilt Schoolhouse blocks.  I posted this photo yesterday:

I'll have them ripped out before my alarm goes off to get ready for school.  Have a great day!

Oh, and I really am loving this block regardless of making my oopsie.  I'm actually thinking of using it as my primary RSC project for 2023.  I'm thinking of making 12 blocks each month and making a crib quilt in each color.  I need to do the math of how large of a scrap I would need for each house.  I could find a nice neutral and cut all the background pieces and then do a few blocks a week for that month.  I may not do one every month.  I'm down to five RSC projects that still need certain colors of the month.  Those are going to be my main focus to finish for 2023.  I'm whittling down that WIP list!



5 comments:

Nancy said...

I remember looking at your houses and thinking it was strange to have the white across the bottom, but that's as far as my thoughts went. Now that you've pointed it out, I can see the problem.
So sorry about the sinus problems (which seems the norm for so many people in Ohio) and your sore kneed. Also sorry you had to unsew.

Ivani said...

Sorry about the health problems, Kathy. Hope you feel better soon.
Oh my I think I would ripped out those opps seams also.
What a great idea for RSC 2023!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

I hope you start feeling better real soon, Kathy. Your blocks are looking great- so pretty in blue. So sorry you had to do some ripping.This block would be a great choice for the 2023 RSC. Happy quilting.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I hate ripping, but it usually leads to a better place.

patty a. said...

I had to go back and look to see why you were ripping. Oh my, that was quite a booboo but at least you were consistent! LOL!! I can see that you did need to rip those apart and fix it. I hope you feel better soon.