Wednesday, September 7, 2022

WIP Wednesday 9.7.22

 I'm cruising right along making progress on quilty things again!  I'm starting to settle in on a routine of our son returning physically to school and me working as a substitute teacher at school about three days a week.  But progress is still being made.

I finished this waffle block quilt and delivered it to the neighbor.  It is for her new grandson.

I set my OMG (one main goal) for September to finish my Bonnie Hunter Unity quilt.  I think I have decided to start calming down the quilt by adding a single neutral fabric border, followed by a row of squares, and then repeat the same single neutral fabric border.  I haven't decided on sizes of them yet.

I finished quiting the kite block quilt in pinks and orange with grey trim and butted the pink waffle block crib quilt up against it so that I could be productive and not have to load it by itself.  Now I have two quilts on the longarm frame.  I'm looking forward to trying to cross these off my list this month and adding them to the "baby girl" crib quilt pile.  The Tweety Bird flannel piece and the batting piece were perfect.

Here's my first batch of whole tomatoes.  I only planted about 14 tomatoe plants this year.  I have an abundance of tomatoes.  We are down to only three jars of whole tomatoes from last year on the shelf.  I canned them just in time.  I use them a lot when making soups and yummy things in the crockpot.

I took in this quilt to longarm for a friend this week.  I'm not sure which quilting design to put on it yet.  I will let it on the table for a few days while I am quilting two crib quilts back to back on the longarm.

I'm linking up with Susan for Midweek Makers here.

41 Items remain on the WIP list. (I've had over 90 in the past!). This is PROGRESS!!!

Pieces Need to be Cut & Sewn
 1.  Cheddar Jack cat pattern
 2.  Digging up Bones (Owen's dinosaur quilt)
 3.  HST Three, Six, Nine Quilt
 4.  Picadilly Circle
 5.  ...And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play (one block to go)
 6.  RSC16 Folk Art Birds
 7.  Autumn Stamp Collection SAL @ Pinker n Punkin Quilting, started August 2022
 8.  Leah Day Building Blocks QA
 9.  Dresser Scarf (My Grandma's WIP from the 1970's found 1/1/20
10.  Classic Meets Modern BOM
11.  Gypsy Wife QA started in August 2017
12.  Mod Mod QA (from Block Lotto, circles w/lines)
13.  Unity Quilt Along with Bonnie Hunter (started 4/1/2020)
14.  Rail Fence Blocks (started January 2021 as my leader/enders)
15.  Maroon Sampler Quilt--I found this on 2.6.21
16.  Kite Girl (RSC14)
17.  Amish Country BOM (from Lynn, Johnna's mom)
18.  Kathleen Tracy's 2019 Mystery Quilt Facebook QA started in March, 2019  
19.  2.5" Scraps from Dani -- making "cracker" blocks
20.  Little Houses (2.5" blocks)

 Blocks Still Need to be Made
 1.  Bluepatch Mystery Quilt
 2.  Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt 
 3.  We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
 4.  Drunkard's Path Variation quilt

Blocks Are Made But Need to be Sewn Together (and/or Some Sashing)
 1.  Tula Pink's City Sampler 100 Modern Quilt Blocks 5/17/17 QA
 2.  Cruise blocks won from Libby
 3.  Cathy's CRAZY BY DESIGN Dot Dot Dash Bag, Won April, 2018
 4.  Split Stars (blocks won from the Block Lotto, October, 2012)
 5.  African Violet baby quilt (Block Lotto inspired)
 6.  Tall Fly (blocks won from Block Lotto)
 7.  Pre-printed cross stitch pillow sham (May 2018)
 8. Flower Baskets (blue and white with some applique) Block Lotto win 10/1/18
 9.  Random Ohio Stars -- started January, 2022

Quilt Back Needs to be Made (Tops are Done)
1.  Card Trick (pink and blue)
2.  Hunter Green Star Quilt

Ready to Longarm
1.  Bubble Gum Pink & Navy Quilt
2.  Plus Quilt (Be Positive) started in 2016; quilt top completed 1.1.22
3.  Rescue Quilt from my SIL (patchwork squares)
4. Waffle Blocks (August 2019 -- RSC19) -- quilted
5. Kite blocks in pink/orange/grey -- on the longarm frame
6.  7" Patchwork Squares Quilt CM (belongs to a friend)


3 comments:

patty a. said...

You have made great progress so far this year in finishing items on your to-do lists. I like your plan for the neutral quilt. The single row of blocks will repeat the other single row block border. The tomatoes look yummy. My mom use to can a few things, but I never learned how to. Will you be canning more tomatoes? What you are showing in the picture doesn't seem like enough to last thru next August.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Nice progress! A lot of adjusting to a new routine, for sure. I received some garden tomatoes and I roasted them and pureed them in the food processor and bagged them for the freezer. I could not deal with the boiling canning regimen. I would love to do more, so it will be a trip to the farmer's market. Love you Unity palette.

Susan said...

Congrats to you on working away quilting - you're making great progress!