Monday, September 12, 2022

Monday Making -- Blue Schoolhouse Quilt

 On Saturday I played with my new Accuquilt die.  You can read about it here.  After the cutting was done, things progressed quickly.  I kept sewing all twelve blocks together by completing the step for all the blocks before moving on to the next step.  Chain piecing is so relaxing if you are organized.


Today I am finishing making the rooftop row and assembling the houses.  Hopefully I'll have time to trim the blocks to the nice 9.5" (which finish 9" in the quilt).  There isn't much needed trimming since all of the pieces are die cut.  They fit beautifully together.


I really like schoolhouse and house blocks, but am not a fan of cutting the unusual pieces or paper piecing the spcial pieces like I did in my Cabins by the Lake quilt designed by Fons & Porter.  You can read about it here.  The Accuquilt die was a little bit of a pain to pre-cut pieces of fabrics, but now I LOVE it.


I'm linking up for Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt.


3 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I love your blue & white house blocks, so pretty! I'm glad they blocks are sewing together so nicely. I agree, sewing a bunch of blocks at one time step by step goes so much easier. Happy stitching!

patty a. said...

Chain piecing is the way to go. Once you get closer to having the blocks done it seems to go faster. Constructing one block start to finish would seem like you are never going to get all those blocks made. Those are cute schoolhouse blocks!

Jennifer said...

i pondered the school house blocks from AQ, but wasn't sure it was worth it. (i think your house "bodies" are sewn on upside down- the white is supposed to be by the roof...) are you going to make all RSC different colors of houses? i LOVE house quilts!