Monday, July 11, 2022

Pumpkins & The Beanstalk

 I made more progress on the longarm quilting of Pumpkins & The Beanstalk. Pattern is by Fig Tree & Co.  This is the second time I made this pattern.  This version is the larger version.


Yes, you do see purple (the RSC color of the month) in part of the backing.  It's a pieced back.  Today's procedure is going to be to quilt a little, move the sprinkler for the garden and flowers, repeat.  It's been very dry here in Ohio.  Thankful for the two days of rain showers that we got last week.


I'm about half way done on the quilting.  I'm quilting it with the Circle Lord giant template board called Jesters.  I am liking the swirling vibe going across the pumpkins and vines.  I love the point of a quilt where I get to "move the chair".  The area where the longarm is located is an unfinished room in the newer house.  The floor is plywood and not carpeted.  It collects dust easily.  I put the excess batting on an office chair to support it so that it does not touch the floor.  I'm always happy to make enough progress to be able to move the chair so that the batting does not touch the floor.  Woohoo.  Simple pleasures.

Later today I'll be rooting through bags to figure out what project I will take with me while our son has his tonsils out tomorrow.  I have a feeling it will be an all-day event.  I'll most likely be taking two projects and a book or two.  I know that a little cross stitching project that Patty "The quilt lady" sent me will be one of them.  I'm excited to go through a bag of grandma's buttons for the project.  I'll take pics tomorrow.

I'm linking up at Love Laugh Quilt for Monday Making.





2 comments:

patty a. said...

I hope Owen feels better quick. I can imagine the first couple days of recovery will be tough and lots of popsicles and ice cream will be the order of the day.

Sherrie said...

Hi,
I had my tonsils out at 16, and it does help to have
lots of popsicles and ice around. Have a great day!