Welcome, July. Here's what happened this past two weeks:
The little Kathleen Tracy doll quilt QA is complete.
I'm working on this Jack & The Beanstalk quilt every Sunday until it is complete. It is on the longarm now. I'm considering donating this one to a charity auction in mid November. I'm not sure if it should be this one or my plus quilt (that also still needs to be completed) for donation.
I found a bag of kite blocks in the drawer that had been there just too long. I decided to put them together.
It's been in the drawer so long that it's not even on my WIP list -- until now... Patty suggested that I add another row of blocks and then a border to make it a more useable size. That's my plan now. Thanks, Patty!
My sew-to-go bag was packed and ready. Our son's tonsil surgery was CANCELLED yesterday. Grr. Now he needs more tests before the simple surgery can be done. They called me THREE minutes before I was going to leave yesterday. At least I didn't get to the hospital only to find it was cancelled. My to-go bag will have to wait for now. I have bigger fish to fry.
I continue to have to water the garden. There's a 40% chance of rain this afternoon. We shall see. I've been working in the garden and in the flowerbeds 1 to 2 hours a day. I consider it my exercise. I have been motivated to do so after seeing a friend's garden from church. I cleared a little area and planted three types of seeds. I'll call them "yellow things" (buttercups), "purple things" (bellflowers), and lupine seeds from the library. The first two were seeds I researched and purchased on eBay during Covid. They have not grown at all. BUT I'm excited for the little lupines.
See the tiny specs of green in the above photo? Lupines -- about 1.5 to 2.5" tall.
I have high hopes for this spot near the garden. Here's the "before" picture. LOL.
I'm linking up with Susan for Midweek Makers 340 here.
41 Items remain on the WIP list.
My WIP number remains the same. I actually forgot that I had a Kathleen Tracy doll quilt QA in the bin to quilt that I made from pink scraps in May or so. 41 items on my list is still MUCH better than the 90's it used to be a few years back. I'm whittling away at this list for sure.
Pieces Need to be Cut & Sewn
1. Cheddar Jack cat pattern
2. Digging up Bones (Owen's dinosaur quilt)
3. HST Three, Six, Nine Quilt
4. Picadilly Circle
5. ...And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play (one block to go)
6. RSC16 Folk Art Birds
7. Random Ohio Stars -- started January, 2022
8. Leah Day Building Blocks QA
9. Dresser Scarf (My Grandma's WIP from the 1970's found 1/1/20
10. Classic Meets Modern BOM
11. Gypsy Wife QA started in August 2017
12. Mod Mod QA (from Block Lotto, circles w/lines)
13. Unity Quilt Along with Bonnie Hunter (started 4/1/2020)
14. Rail Fence Blocks (started January 2021 as my leader/enders)
15. Maroon Sampler Quilt--I found this on 2.6.21
16. Kite Girl (RSC14)
17. Amish Country BOM (from Lynn, Johnna's mom)
18. Kathleen Tracy's 2019 Mystery Quilt Facebook QA started in March, 2019
19. 2.5" Scraps from Dani -- making "cracker" blocks
20. Waffle Blocks (August 2019 -- RSC19)
21. Little Houses (2.5" blocks)
Blocks Still Need to be Made
1. Bluepatch Mystery Quilt
2. Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt
3. We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
4. Drunkard's Path Variation quilt
Blocks Are Made But Need to be Sewn Together (and/or Some Sashing)
1. Tula Pink's City Sampler 100 Modern Quilt Blocks 5/17/17 QA
2. Cruise blocks won from Libby
3. Cathy's CRAZY BY DESIGN Dot Dot Dash Bag, Won April, 2018
4. Split Stars (blocks won from the Block Lotto, October, 2012)
5. African Violet baby quilt (Block Lotto inspired)
6. Tall Fly (blocks won from Block Lotto)
7. Pre-printed cross stitch pillow sham (May 2018)
8. Flower Baskets (blue and white with some applique) Block Lotto win 10/1/18
9. Kite blocks in pink/orange/grey
Quilt Back Needs to be Made (Tops are Done)
1. Card Trick (pink and blue)
2. Hunter Green Star Quilt
Ready to Longarm
1. Bubble Gum Pink & Navy Quilt
2. Plus Quilt (Be Positive) started in 2016; quilt top completed 1.1.22
3. Rescue Quilt from my SIL (patchwork squares)
4. Pumpkins & the Beanstalk (a 2nd quilt)
5. GO! ABC Quilt started during the pink month of RSC21, January 2021