Sunday, November 29, 2020

Slow Sunday Stitching -- And a Little Elf Mischief


With numbers rising in Ohio I'm starting to get concerned with keeping our son safe.  We decided to pre-bowl games during the week when it is not busy instead of bowling on Saturday mornings with the league.  As you can see, there isn't anyone close to us while bowling.

I won't get much bowling stitching time, but just a little stitching is better than none.  The lighting at this bowling alley is awesome for stitching!  His three games goes pretty quickly when he's by himself.

I lost my April clue instructions for the Linen & Threads Mystery Sampler Stitch A Long, 2020.  I printed another one after I got home.  I knew this was a mirror image pattern.  I tried to stitch the other side.  It was harder than following the pattern, but I did get some stitches in the right spots.
 


Elf on the Shelf has been a tradition since 2012 in our house.  Our elf family has grown.  Our elf family is out of quarantine. This week they put the 7th grade photo that came in the mail this week into the frame on the bookshelf and huddled near for a photo.  Blue was still in his jar and somehow left before the photo was taken.  I found him later in his jar in the kitchen.  Hmmm.  We have someone else getting in on the action of moving the elf.


On Saturday this is where Chippy was.  I'm not sure how long it will take Owen to find him.  We're not going anywhere today.  We'll see if he volunteers to help with unloading the dishwasher today.  I have learned that if I have something I want to do for the day that the elves have to be easily found--or else we have to stay home longer to look for the elves.  I'm still unsure if he knows I'm moving them or if he still thinks they have magic powers.  


Meanwhile, Blue seems to have taken Barbie and Oliver hostage and tied the up with Christmas lights.


I'm linking up at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.



11 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

You are too funny. I had one of those Bubble hair cut Barbies a long while ago. I am glad Owen can still get out and bowl. They closed our ice rinks here and my grandkids are bummed out.

The Cozy Quilter said...

You certainly make good use of your waiting time with your hand work projects! Every little bit counts as progress.

Deb A said...

I'm going to have to steal the lights one... maybe the silverware one too! Ours arrived in a jar for quarantine as well. The kids have figured things out last year.... so we are swapping days with them. The counted cross stitch looks great. Stay safe.

CathieJ said...

So glad that you figure out a solution that allows Owen to continue bowling. It is so hard to determine what is and isn't safe for each of us individually. My husband and I are just doing grocery and pharmacy shopping, with curbside pick-up at Target and a few local restaurants. We try to be as safe as possible to safe-guard our eldery moms. I am glad that the elf-on-the-shelf came after my children were grown. I think it is a wonderful tradition, but my children were too clever and would have figured it out way too early. I am sure Owen is enjoying the hunt whether he knows you hide it or not. Love your cross-stitch. Some bowling alleys do have good lighting.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Yes it seems more people I know have tested positive for covid. I guess all we can do is do our best to avoid it. Hopefully the vaccine will be available soon. That vase gave me fits when I stitched it and I had the chart in front of me!

Sarah said...

I found the section of the stitch a long that you are working on now the hardest part! So doing a few stitches here and there is a much better plan! Is elf on the shelf something you made up for Owen or is it a 'thing' in the USA? It's very cute and seems like a fun game!

Karrin Hurd said...

My daughter had me print up a couple of labels to put on jars yesterday about elf quarantine, she had to fill in the dates. Lovely stitching, love the blue~

Kim said...

This is such a fun post, Kathy. How fun to have the elf discovered in all manner of interesting places. Owen must have a lot of fun with this tradition. How wonderful the bowling is open so Owen is able to enjoy his bowling. Good that he can participate in this sport when no-one else is around. Love the pretty blue of your cross stitch

Andee Neff said...

I love mystery quilts...did not know there were mystery stitch alongs too...such fun! Love the elf stuff too!

patty a. said...

That is so funny with the elf business! You are smart to have Owen bowl separate from the others. Looks like he doesn't seem to mind bowling alone. You have made some progress on your cross stitch piece. Looking good!

patty a. said...

I just scrolled down and saw how many of your posts I have missed reading. My goodness I have gotten behind! You have been keeping busy!