Monday, November 9, 2020

Moving It Forward Monday

 I loaded my friend's quilt onto the longarm frame.  I'd like to get it done and back to her this week.  I decided to quilt it with clamshells for a fun texture.  The back is a white re-purposed sheet.  I am quilting it with white thread.


This is LuLu.  She was in the first litter (of two) that were born at our house during the pandemic.  She lets me pet her at the food bowl from time to time, but is timid the rest of the time.  That doesn't mean that she doesn't like to be near.  She is very in tune to where I am.  All of our cats are outside cats.  She likes to hunt across the drive from where I longarm quilt.  She often times comes to visit me while I am quilting in this nice, warm, sunny spot.


The above photo also shows you a glimpse of how far this part of the house is done.  See, the drywall is up but not finished...

Remote learning continues for another nine weeks.  He 's doing so good at home it looks like we shall keep him home all year.  He is really maturing and figuring it out.  I now leave him in the kitchen to do his work while I am quilting.  I can check on what he is doing on his learning program from my phone where I am.  I'm only 50 yards away...


I'm linking up with Beth at Love Laugh Quilt for Monday Making.




3 comments:

patty a. said...

The clamshell quilting looks wonderful on that quilt! That is great that Owen is taking his school work so seriously and being so responsible. I think it is because he realizes the rewards he receives are worth the investment of his hard work!

Nancy said...

I think clamshells are a great choice for this quilt.
Lulu is a beauty (from what I can see of her). It's fun that she wants to be near you even though she doesn't want to be held or cuddled.
So glad remote learning is going well for your son. I hear of so many students who struggle with it.

Connie said...

I had to hunt for the kitty . . . but then, there she was pretty as can be.
Happy Quilting!