Saturday, November 21, 2020

Square Dance Blues

Today I loaded my friend’s “Blues” quilt. I decided to longarm quilt it using my Circle Lord giant template board called Square Dance. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1TYu7PVRmp_cid3yNg1qFBn__XJ6O9EB5

I usually quilt curves on a predominant "squares" quilt.  Let's see how this goes.  You can see some of the seams on the roller of this quilt that aren't a perfect 1/4".  Everything is not pressed to perfection.  But I know this quilt will have a beautiful finish -- with LOVE!  Not everything has to be perfect for a great outcome.

I'm linking this scrappy blue post up to Oh Scrap at Quilting Is More Fun Than Housework.

Sorry for the weird photo of the window in the linky party.  I couldn't get the pretty blue scraps to crop in the photo.  Hope you enjoyed the "surprise" when you got to my post.

12 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Looks terrific. Love the blues. And your quilting.

Gretchen Weaver said...

This quilt is going to look great. Sometimes linky just does weird things. Happy stitching!

Chantal said...

When I saw the window, I thought you were giving us the bad news about how many inches of snow fell in your area. Haha! I much prefer your explanation. Enjoy the quilting. ;^)

The Joyful Quilter said...

The Swirls board would have been my Go To quilting design for this one, but the Square Dance board worked equally as well. Sometimes, it's just nice to quilt something different! (I know the Swirls board is a popular one, Kathy.)

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

It will be wonderful when finished. I do like the square design although I too tend to quilt with more curves. . .

The Cozy Quilter said...

Nice scrappy blues and the quilting looks great!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

I'm always impressed with the many different ways all you amazing long arm quilters find to enhance quilts. This pretty blue quilt will be wonderful.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I really like the way the squares in your quilting create diamonds with the quilt blocks. That's going to be really pretty!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I think that design is going to look great on that quilt. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

It really takes a good eye to figure out what pattern to use. I love seeing what patterns you decide on. You are a very experienced long arm quilter I think. and that is a really cool name for the quilt too!

patty a. said...

That quilting is looking great!

I have finished that whole cloth flannel quilt. My internet is not letting me post this evening for some reason. It is Sunday about 8:25 p.m.

Bonnie said...

I think that design is going to give a lot of really cool texture to the quilt. I had a flannel quilt recently that hadn't been ironed well and many of the seams were flipped wrong. Luckily, there were no problems with the hopping foot catching on them. On to the next one. I'm curious about how much stitching room you have on your 23" Nolting. I have a 24" NV and it's computerized. I find I have about 14" of quilting space, not a lot more than my 18" machine. I think one of the cables for the computerization is causing me to have less room to quilt. Sigh.