Sunday, November 1, 2020

Slow Sunday Stitching

 I worked a little on my Linen & Threads Mystery SAL this week.  This is the last school bowling practice for a while.  Some of my flower parts are a little lop sided.  Oh well...

I brought my sew-to-bag from the truck to the house.  Maybe I'll have better time to stitch somewhere in the house... I don't like the lighting where I sit in the living room.  I don't like those lights you hang around your neck.  When I'm at my computer I rather sew on my sewing machine.  I'm not working as a substitute teacher like I have in the past because our son is a remote student this year.  The school that I am subbing for next week doesn't even allow subs to bring their own reading material!  I must be up and walking around all the time.  I get it.  Somehow I'll find more time to stitch--somewhere.

I'm linking up at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.  I haven't stitched on this for about a month and a half!  Wowzers time flies when you're having fun!


Slow Sunday Stitching

6 comments:

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Yeah good lighting is important! I don't like high wattage bulbs in my lamps in the family room but it may come to that!

linda said...

I have just bought a little LED lamp from ebay thats powered with battery or USB cable and it helps a lot, your stitching is lovely.

Quilter Kathy said...

It is hard to find a spot with good lighting for stitching, and it's so important I find especially in the winter! Keep going... your stitchalong looks great!

Karrin Hurd said...

Great work. I have an Ott light that I use at night. Otherwise I stitch in the car waiting to pick up my grandchildren from school. I can see really good out there, but sometimes it is too bright!

CathieJ said...

Your stitch along is looking wonderful. I hope you can find somewhere and sometime to stitch. When I used to sub here in New York I was never allowed to stitch or even read. Stay safe.

Kim said...

This is such a pretty cross stitch. Love the colour blue of the thread. I think it is wonderful you can stitch as you supervise children.