Monday, November 16, 2020

Moving It Forward Monday

 When I dropped a friend's quilt off on Friday, of course she gave another one to me to quilt.  This one is small and blue.


Yesterday a big wind storm came through.  Neighbors had trees down, but we were spared.  Area power was out from 1:30 pm until a little after midnight.  Owen wanted to camp in the living room.  Before he went to sleep he went to get his Mario quilt.  I love it that he loves it so much!  Ahhh.  Comfort & love!


Cute story about the little battery powered lights next to him...  Every year I let Owen go in to the Dollar Tree and pick out $5 worth of gifts for Dad, Aunt Jo, and me.  He puts a lot of thought into the gifts he picks and tries to get the best bang for his buck.  (For example he'll get me a table cloth because they are really big when you open them.)  Two years in a row he got Dad battery powered lights "for camping."  When it started getting dark my husband knew exactly where he put them.  They were perfect for our camping in the living room.

The quilt under the Mario quilt was my first quilt along quilt!  It was designed by Lee at Freshly Pieced.  It is called the Supernova QA.  I quilted this quilt on my domestic machine.  Check it out here.









2 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love the Supernova quilt. We had 67 mph gust, but held onto our power. We were ready with candles and battery LEDs, but were ok.

patty a. said...

I hope that pretty blue quilt top lays flat for you. That battery powered light came in handy! We had awful winds and I only lost power for a few seconds, but long enough I had to program the TV. The quilt along quilt is so pretty! Good job!