Friday, November 13, 2020

Friday Finish -- A Friend's Quilt

 I finished the longarm quilting on my friend's quilt last night.  In my opinion I think the clamshell design gave this quilt a nice texture.  Chalk another one off my list.  I'm guessing she will give me another when I drop this one off this weekend.


In other news around here, Chippy and his family arrived for the holidays!  Elf on the Shelf has been a tradition of ours since 2012.  It's still magical for our son.  Usually Chippy arrives around Thanksgiving.  This year he had to plan and come 14 days early due to the quarantine process.  He must stay in his ziploc bag with his wife, Barbie, and their son, Oliver.  


If you like YouTube videos, you can see sort of how things unfolded with Chippy's arrival here.

We also spent some time bowling.  Our wifi was out for a bit so we got away for some activity.  It was about 50 degrees today.  I hadn't bowled since August or so--I got a 150!  Woohoo!


When I was creating this blog post last night I just realized that it was Friday the 13th today...  The last Friday the 13th I remember was the last day that I worked as a substitute teacher (except for the two half days that I worked this school year for fun.)  That was back on 3/13/2020 --  COVID-19 day... Now I have to get someone to hang out with Owen if I want to work.  He doesn't get his school stuff done...  It's a lot...  

I have to admit I'm still trying to find my way of not working.  I know I'm right where I need to be right now.  I'm still processing that.

4 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

I think you are doing an awesome job. As I look back over your blog, I see so many things you did from gardening, biking, quilting, and keeping Mr.O hopping. I don't love the situation we are in, but the true us emerges. Kind of like you don't what kind of tea is in the bag until it sits a while in hot water.

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

The clam shell pattern certainly does do something for texture, doesn't it? Between working and being with Owen, I think you have made the right choice. Work will always be there....time to be with Owen as he matures is fleeting. I retired 2 years ago and have not missed going to work once yet! LOL...of course, I do miss my co-workers but after 50+ years of working I think I put in my time....

patty a. said...

The quilt looks great!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Elf Family Quarantine? ROFL!!! I still haven't tried my Clamshell board. This quilt has convinced me that I need to give it a go... SOON, as your friend's quilt turned out GREAT, Kathy!!