Monday, May 11, 2020

SSSSQ -- Moving It Forward Monday

I added another round to my SSSSQ with Kevin the Quilter this weekend.  You can see Kevin's QA here.  Here's my version of it.   I like how I used a solid piece to frame the center on-point blocks.  I was being lazy It really frames it nicely.  I'm going out of my comfort zone on the pink and green scraps, but it's growing on me.  I think it would have been better if I picked one color and neutrals.  BUT it is what it is and I busted a bunch of 2.5" scraps in the colors I had the most.


6 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

I think it is lovely. It all works together and blends very well.

Darlene said...

Looking good.

Quiltsmiles said...

Looks nice.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Awesome progress, Kathy! The only way I might have liked it any better is if the colors had been reversed. Pink being the accent, instead of the main attraction. The way it is looks lovely, too.

patty a. said...

This top is growing! The green is an unexpected accent to the pink which makes it more interesting. Darn it is cold here! At least it didn't snow today as previously forecasted. This has got to slow down the use of your longarm!

Julierose said...

Congratulations for sticking with this...it is beautiful...just love the colors...nice work ~ ~ ~ waving from afar Julierose