Monday, May 25, 2020

Barn Panel Quilt

Happy Memorial Day!  Summer is finally here.

As I dropped off this quilt my friend had another quilt waiting for me to quilt.  I'm not sure which design I will quilt on this quilt yet.  I need to let it sit there while I am working on quilting my Ohio quilt so I can vision one of my edge-to-edge designs on it.


I'm really getting my use out of the large table that was in front of a lawyer's office with a "free" sign on it.  It's definitely used, but works GREAT for my purposes.  Quilts don't hang on the floor anymore like they did when I used my six foot folding table.  It makes it easier to cut from a roll of batting as well.

I told my friend that we were using my "curbside service" feature now.  I leave her quilt on the designated lawn chair in her garage.  She leaves payment and another quilt for me.  I surprised her with a fresh dozen of eggs from my chickens.  Can't wait until my garden produces and she will get surprises then as well.  :)  We have become good friends over the past few years.

3 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Given the pastoral scene, I might opt for the Baptist Fan. It seems to fit (to me.)

Linda Swanekamp said...

The barn quilt looks fun. Fresh eggs sounds delicious. We are big egg eaters around here, but hard to get local fresh eggs. Looks the studio is really working out well.

patty a. said...

This is a cute quilt! Panels are sometimes hard to use and make them blend in, but your friend did an excellent job. How fun that you leave her eggs and that fresh produce will be coming. So nice of you to share!