Saturday, May 2, 2020

RSC20 -- I've Still Got the Blues

As usual, I'm still running a little behind on switching colors over for the RSC20.  I'm still working on blue scraps right now.


I found a pile of blue-based orphan blocks while cleaning in the quilt room this week.  I needed to make a larger back for my butterfly blocks that I won in the Block Lotto.  I am working on a pieced back for that quilt with these blocks.  The block was called Wings of Spring.  I won them back on 3-31-19.

Here's what the quilt top looks like.  I haven't worked on this quilt since August 5, 2019.  Thank goodness for blog posts so that I can keep track of everything like this.  I really do love this lovely, scrappy quilt.  I hope to move it towards the finish around the end of May.

A funny thing about Blursday is that my husband laughed yesterday when I commented, "Yeah!  My Covid uniform is dry."  I have two outfits that I have been wearing day in and day out.  Both of them were in the laundry in the same day due to working outside.  We take a photo with a certain camera every day of 2020.  It's funny that I am wearing almost the same outfit in 30 of them now.  LOL.

Angela at SoScrappy called today Blursday.  Isn't that the truth?  I'm still happy that we are healthy and still going about our daily business AT HOME.  We've only left the house for serious business like groceries and stuff like that TWICE since our stay-at-home orders were given on 3/23.  I somewhat thankful that our governor, Mike DeWine, has continued the stay-at-home orders for Ohio until 5/29.  We are still fine at home.  Although the two days I left to get groceries I saw so many people out and about.  I see so many photos of people (my friends) doing things on social media that don't seem to be essential (to me).  BUT I am trying to not judge people that the choice of our family to strictly stay home.  What is essential for one may not be essential for another.  I consider those that do not have a happy home life like us that need to get away from the other person in the house.  They probably have to run to the "store" for mental health reasons.  Maybe they can't run out and get a month's worth of groceries at a time.  Some people have been able to receive unemployment.  Some people still have to wait until mid May (from 3/13!) to see if they are eligible for the CARE act.  It's hard not to judge, but I'm doing my best.  Just like some people don't understand that we have a medically fragile child with an unusual red/white cell count makeup, I may not understand their
situation.



I'm linking up with Angela at SoScrappy for the RSC20.

SoScrappy

9 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Wings of Spring looks perfect outdoors.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with using those Orphan Block. LOVE a two-sided quilt!

Deb A said...

Pretty quilt top and what a bright and cherry blue back it will have. Our state (Florida) is opening up Monday for phase 1....we will see what happens. I went out for produce and dairy yesterday and was shocked at whole families shopping with no masks! I guess everyone has their own 'take' on this virus and how to deal with it. I just hope our numbers don't sky rocket and overwhelm the hospitals. I am in the fortunate group - hubby and I are still working.

maggie fellow said...

I hadn't thought of orphan blocks for my colors hmmm... I think staying home is still a good idea, too

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I am having the same issue with my Covid uniform, lol! Must get some wash done today... I love your photo of the blue blocks - great idea to piece a backing for your butterfly blocks!

Chantal said...

I am still playing with blue too. I found another bag full of blue scraps so I guess I'm not done for awhile still, lol. I much prefer to stay home. I don't like gambling and I certainly won't do it with my health. I pity those who have domestic violence at home and can't get away from it. So many people will be fragile after this is all over. I believe not judging others is a lesson we all need to learn better. Not easy.
Can't wait to see this backing all together. Take care. ;^)

Susie H said...

Pretty quilt! Good for you to try not to judge. I think that's one of the biggest problems during the quarantine. People are finding it too easy to point fingers. Perhaps they're very bored.

Jo said...

With all the cleaning i do with bleach....i am wearing some outfits that are pretty ratty looking these days. I love that wings of spring quilt!

Cathy said...

I remember those Wings of Spring. With those lovely blue blocks on the back it looks like you will have a reversible quilt.

I'm glad I'm retired and pretty much a hermit. Life has not changed much for me in the last few months, thank goodness!