Friday, May 22, 2020

Ohio Quilt is on the Frame

Finally.  I loaded my Ohio quilt onto the frame.  It is my one main goal (OMG) for May.  I should have time to finish it by the end of the month. 


I found a big piece of Amish country quilt quality fabric for the back.  I had enough to make a one-fabric back.  I remember buying this at a fabric garage sale a few summers ago.  I knew it would be a quilt back someday.  It's super soft like high-quality fabric is.  The lady that had the garage sale said her husband said she had too much "stuff".  She was selling her awesome quilting stuff and CANDLES...  I'm not a candle fan.  All of her fabric smelled like candles.  This fabric still smells like vanilla candles...


I'm happy to quilt the bright colors.  I am using my Circle Lord giant template board (15" Baptist Fan).  Now that I am using the template the way it was intended I LOVE this design.  I have put off using this template for so long.  I have quilted with it upside down for years and had trouble lining it up.  I finally did a customer quilt a couple of weeks ago and figured it out by accident.  You can read about it here.



4 comments:

Darlene said...

Go Kathy. Looking forward to seeing it quilted. I was born in Ohio and lived there until I was 33. I have a soft spot in my heart for Ohio.

Linda Swanekamp said...

It is a big challenge to finish this quilt and it is almost completed. Bravo for you.

patty a. said...

My goodness you have gotten a lot done! This quilt is unique and so fun!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Looking good, Kathy!! A finish is on the horizon. :o))