Sunday, June 9, 2019

Slow Sunday Stitching -- Adapting

As I'm working on the Linen & Threads Mystery SAL I realize that my section this month is supposed to be square.  I have a rectangle.  Things just aren't going to match up on this clue, the bottom right clue, and probably the middle right clue.  I just keep on stitching.  Others around here may not notice when it's all done and hanging on the wall.  Rookie error -- learn from it.


The blue stitching isn't done yet.  I wanted to get to the red heart.  Something happened that the blue stitching is lopsided while stitching in Spanish class... stitch on, figure it out later...

In the photo below you can see I'm stitching from the mezzanine of our son's tennis session.  He's one of the two athletes I can see in the far court.  It wasn't a good day for tennis photos.  Stitch on!


I'm linking up for Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.

Join me on the Block Lotto Blog



5 comments:

Kim said...

I love it that you seem to pull out whatever it is you are stitching wherever you happen to be. Your cross stitch is coming along nicely.

CathieJ said...

Your errors are not rookie mistakes we all make them. I made several errors on my latest project, but I worked around them when necessary and pulled them out when I could. As you said, you will work it out.

Sarah said...

It is so easy to loose your place when stitching but I don't think they are mistakes they are just your interpretation of the pattern and after all it will be an original!

Quilter Kathy said...

Exactly right... stitch on... it all works out somehow in the end!!

Deb A said...

I agree with Sarah! You are just making it your own! Great progress and pretty color choices.