Saturday, June 29, 2019

Dark Blue RSC19

I made two blocks for Owl's Well That Ends Well in dark blue.



I also had time to make a bunch of blue 4-patches out of my 1.5" squares (1" finished.)



I'm linking up with Angela at SoScrappy for the RSC19.  Check out all of the creative links today at RSC19 -- ScrapHappy Saturday.

SoScrappy

Mr. Sunshine worked on his "homework" from "mommy school" by reading two of his library books to me.  He is definitely improving on breaking down the big words this summer.  He is also realizing that it's not just reading anymore.  It's retaining and looking for meaning.  He knows there's going to be a quiz to follow.  LOL.  He amazes us every day!

I had a fun picture of him to post reading to me by my sewing machine.  Unfortunately I ticked him off this week.  He purposely splashed my phone by the pool and the picture is gone.  The next day he got made at me and deleted all of the things we had recorded on the dvr.  I guess he's thinking that if he can't have his choice of electronics neither can we.  Not ever day is full of roses and sunshine--it's like that for everybody.  We are all a work in progress, but in the same thought, we are all HIS masterpiece.


8 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love your owl blocks! Those little 4 patches look really appealing, too. Adventures in parenting - oh boy! :)

Quilter Kathy said...

These owl blocks are so fun and great scrap users... I like looking at each of the fabrics you use. It's amazing how each one looks so different!

maggie fellow said...

the owls are very very cute.

Cathy said...

Those owls are the bomb!! So dang cute!

Pamela Arbour said...

Love your owls and your 4-patches. That is a lot of work!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Parenting. The hardest job I've ever had! I'm sure you would agree (this week.)

Susie H said...

Adorable owls and wonderfully scrappy 4-patches. Good work!

Angie said...

The owls are adorable and I definitely see a 4-patch quilt in your future!