Thursday, June 6, 2019

Ugh... Customer Quilt -- Sew & UnSew

Ugh!  I'm dredding to get the last two customer quilts done that I have on schedule for now.  They are problematic to begin with.  The backs are small and I had to add extra fabric.  Things don't line up straight.  Seams aren't perfect...  But I know that I can make them beautiful so I keep doing them.



I advance the quilt three times.  I really want this done and returned to the owner.  This is the quilt called "Blue and 4-patch customer quilt (CM)"  on my to-do list.  I am longarm quilting it with my Circle Lord giant template board called Swirls.  It's a go-to board for me.As I advance I find THIS:


 Ugh!  It looks like I didn't have something right and the bottom tension went aWACK!  Looks like I have a day of ripping out ahead of me.  Argh!

But I did look out my quilt window and see a mama deer and her fawn walk by.  It's so pretty and peaceful here!  It's definitely a happy place.  Usually there is a mama fox and babies in that mound of dirt behind the deer.  When I posted this pic on facebook, my neighbor (and good quilty friend) said that the mama fox and her two kits are living by her house that is up the street from us.  Woohoo!  I'm glad she has moved a little further away from my chickens!


I'm linking up with Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts for Let's Bee Social.  If you've never checked out Lorna's blog, it's definitely worth the clicks of the mouse.  She designs AMAZING patterns that are sooo cute and tempting!




2 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Oh my gosh, I feel your pain. Ripping out while still on the frame is just the worst.

The Joyful Quilter said...

OH! NOOOOOOO!!!!! That is terrible! That Swirl board looks great on everything... until there are tension troubles. :o((