Wednesday, September 16, 2020

WIP Wednesday 9.16.20

 Wow, I haven't updated my WIP list since July 22nd!  Here we go with my list of current projects:

I made progress on a friend's quilt this week.  It's called "...the one with the red thread."  I am quilting zigzags on it.  Hopefully I'll have it finished and back to her by the end of the week.

I thought I was making progress on this Linen & Threads SAL, but the section circled by the floss needs ripped out and restitched to the left a bit.  Glad I enjoy cross stitch.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1BMQXuGvWQ6xkXcNQVxoJ0DzqrgAJUyIM

I am now using the machine that was given to me by my awesome mother-in-law.  She was an amazing seamstress.  I have it set up in my longarm room so that I can add to quilt backs that are not big enough.  I can make simple repairs to quilts before they go onto the frame without having to take them to the other house where my regular sewing machine is.  Yeah!  Steps saved!

This is supposed to be a Sister's Choice block.  The people that gave me the materials to make it did not give me the right amounts of the fabrics for the kit.  I had to improvise and cut some of my scraps.  I forgot to take a picture of it when it was finished...  It was a rush job...


Owen and I have been busy magnet fishing and riding bikes.  We got this tricycle for him about three years ago and he never really wanted to ride it.  It is harder to ride (for me) than a regular 2-wheeled bike because there is more friction and it's harder to pedal.  We rode bikes four times this week!  He's getting it.  He's growing up so fast and really getting stronger.  Now we are working on stamina.

Here he is in a graffiti-painted tunnel.  (Sorry that I didn't realize there was poor language in the photo when I took it.)

I have been using my food dehydrator A TON!  I am so happy how some of the things are tasting.  We'll be able to enjoy them from our garden later.  Here's some dehydrated zucchini chips and some kale chips.  I learned how to use my sealer this week which makes it even better to suck all the air out of the bags.  I still need some practice with it.  This little bag of zucchini chips don't look like a lot, but they go great with a sandwich and seem to be about as much as a snack size bag of chips.


I currently have 60 on-going projects on my list.  They are separated into stages.

Pieces Need to be Cut & Sewn
 1.  Cheddar Jack cat pattern from 
 2.  Digging up Bones (Owen's dinosaur quilt)
 3.  Rock Island Campfire Quilt
 4.  Picadilly Circle
 5.  ...And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play (one block to go)
 6.  Go Four It!  Scrappy 4-patches started as leader/ender, June 2017
 7.  Patriotic Folk Animals (from Americana Quilts Book) 8/8/19
 8.  Leah Day Building Blocks QA
 9.  Jelly Roll Rug
10.  Classic Meets Modern BOM
11.  Veggie Patch from Katie Mae Quilts
12.  Mod Mod QA (from Block Lotto, circles w/lines)
13.  Owl's Well That Ends Well (RSC19 project started 1/26/19)
14.  Kevin the Quilter's Sapphire Stars Mystery (started Summer 2017) I can't find it!!!
15.  Temperature QA (changing this project to a table topper)
16.  Kite Girl (RSC14)
17.  Amish Country BOM (from Lynn, Johnna's mom)
18.  Cabins at the Lake (from Fons  Porter Magazine) only one house block complete.)
19.  2.5" Scraps from Dani -- making "cracker" blocks
20.  Sand Castles -- Bonnie Hunter string quilt started January, 2019 -- an RSC project
21.  Little Houses (3.5" blocks)
22.  Pumpkins & the Beanstalk (a 2nd quilt)
23.  Dresser Scarf (My Grandma's WIP from the 1970's found 1/1/20
24.  Linen & Threads Mystery SAL, Started 1/1/20 for my sew-to-go-bag
25.  Slabs with White Rectangle (RSC14 started -- needs blocks each month)
26.  Bonnie Hunter Box Kite class from March 2017
27.  Unity Quilt Along with Bonnie Hunter (started 4/1/2020)
28.  Orange, pink, grey kite blocks 2015
29.  Maroon Sampler Quilt
30.  Gypsy Wife QA started in August 2017
31.  Kathleen Tracy's 2019 Mystery Quilt Facebook QA started in March, 2019
32.  2016 Plus Blocks (from left over pieces of Soul Searching Blocks
33.  RSC16 Folk Art Birds
34.  Waffle Blocks (August 2019 -- RSC19)

Blocks Still Need to be Made
 1.  Bluepatch Mystery Quilt
 2.  Scrap Crystals (RSC15)
 3.  We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
 4.  Drunkard's Path Variation quilt
 5.  Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt 

Blocks Are Made But Need to be Sewn Together (and/or Some Sashing)
 1.  Block Swap Adventure Orange/Yellow Sampler (2011-2012)
 2.  Cruise blocks won from Libby
 3.  Orange/Blue Fish Blocks That I Won
 4.  Split Stars (blocks won from the Block Lotto, October, 2012)
 5.  African Violet baby quilt (Block Lotto inspired)
 6.  Tall Fly (blocks won from Block Lotto; October 2012)
 7.  Fortune Teller (RSC14)
 8.  Sonja's Windows string quilt
 9.  Block Swap Adventure (2013) Churn Dash Blcoks
10.  Tula Pink's City Sampler 100 Modern Quilt Blocks 5/17/17 QA
11.  Flower Baskets (blue and white with some applique) Block Lotto win 10/1/18
12. Pre-printed cross stitch pillow sham (May 2018)
13.  Bonnie Hunter Garden Party (started 3.18.17)
14.  Cathy's CRAZY BY DESIGN Dot Dot Dash Bag, Won April, 2018

Quilt Back Needs to be Made (Tops are Done)
1.  Card Trick (pink and blue)
2.  Hunter Green Star Quilt
3.  Good Fortune -- A Bonnie Hunter Mystery started Thanksgiving weekend, 2018
4.  Soul Searching -- Julianne sent it to me on 8/29/19

Ready to Longarm
1.  Bubble Gum Pink & Navy Quilt
2.  The quilt with the red thread
3.  #SpiderSewalong quilt from Instagram


I'm linking up at Quilt Fabrication for Midweek Makers.  Check out all of the fun projects!

Quiltfabrication

4 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

The red stitching on the first quilt looks really good, it provides a nice contrast on the alternate blocks. I felt so tired when I look at your long list of WIP's. Good luck making progress with it. Happy stitching!

patty a. said...

You have been busy! The quilt is coming along nicely. I always wondered about those trike bikes. Good to know they are harder to ride. Yes that tunnel is colorful with colorful language! LOL!!! I don't know if I will have any more zucchini this year to try making chips again. My air fryer has a dehydration feature so I will have to give that a try next time I get a zucchini. People at work bring in veggies from their gardens to share so maybe I can snag one. I have a FOOD Saver vacuum machine and I love it. I have learned that for chicken I have to freeze the chicken first then vacuum pack it. The chicken is to wet and when the machine is sucking out the air it is also pulling the moisture so then the bag won't seal.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I am sure you have your hands full juggling everything. Looks like you are keeping perspective and learning new things.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Are you quilting that quilt without the clamps attached???