Monday, September 14, 2020

A Friend's Quilt -- The one with red thread...

 I loaded a friend's quilt on my longarm last week.  I'll just call this one "The one with red thread" on my long list of things to do.


I am longarm quilting my friend's quilt using red thread this time.  It just needed something fun.  The backing of this quilt is a solid red and it matches the thread.  I am using my giant template board from Circle Lord that is called Zigzag.  I don't use this board much, but I think it looks great on this quilt.  I have used Swirls too many times (in my opinion) for this particular friend.  


The challenge on this quit is that she gave me a cotton blanket to use in place of batting.  Look how much freedom I have on each side!  Luckily the blanket had just enough stretch to make it all the way across the quilt.  This friend always likes to give me challenges!  There isn't much extra backing fabric on this one either.



4 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

The zigzag stitching looks perfect and the red thread is perfect. Happy stitching!

patty a. said...

THE red quilting looks good on this quilt! With the weather turning soon, your time is going to be limited for quilting. I can see you will be need to focus on getting some projects done. Hopefully they will go smooth and the backing will be big enough!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Very nice result with a challenging projects. Always love red.

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW funny that you are quilting this with RED thread, as I very nearly quilted a quilt with red thread last week, Kathy! For the RSC, don't you know? :o))