Sunday, September 13, 2020

Slow Sunday Stitching -- and UnStitching...

Bummer. I thought I was making good progress on my Linen & Threads SAL at bowling, but then realized it was all in the wrong spot. Argh...

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1BMQXuGvWQ6xkXcNQVxoJ0DzqrgAJUyIM

See that section circled with the floss? It needs to be ripped out and restitched a few rows to the left. Sometimes I leave it in and make it work. The stem won’t be close to centered if I do this. It must be undone this time. 

I'm linking up at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.  Sorry I couldn't zoom in on the cross stitch when I linked up at Kathy's Quilts.  I couldn't crop the picture down far enough and the rest of the photo didn't load for some reason.  It's probably our poor internet lately.  Ever since we decided the remote learning option our internet has been in and out.  I'm having trouble uploading blog posts.  I'm not a huge fan of using my phone for blog posts.  It's just one more thing to deal with, make my best decisions, and keep on moving forward.  Adapting...

Slow Sunday Stitching

8 comments:

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Yeah sometimes it just needs to be undone! But then when it is finally right I am always glad I pulled the stitches out! I see you use a hoop, I usually do too, but am going to give stitching in hand a go, hopefully I can get the hang of it

Gretchen Weaver said...

Sorry about the not correct spaced cross stitching, it's frustrating but it happens to all of us. Hope your internet improves.

Angela said...

Sorry for all the frustration you are experiencing! I hate ripping out!

Ivani said...

OMG I really hate when this happens. I used to mark my crossstitch with watercolor pen, it makes it so much easy and pleasure for me.
Happy Slow Sunday Stitching!

Deb A said...

Bummer on having to unstitch and redo. I think the internet connectivity has taken a huge ding as distance learning is ramping up across the country and more people are still remotely working from home. Hope it stabilizes soon.

Quilter Kathy said...

So frustrating to have blogger issues AND stitching issues! Hope this week will be relaxing and have lots of stitching time!

Karrin Hurd said...

Sorry you have to rip, hope this weeks stitching goes better!

patty a. said...

One step forward, two steps back - ugh! As hard as it is to rip those stitches out you will be glad in the end that you took the time to fix it. When I was home for three months this spring because of the pandemic my internet was awful. I found that it worked best late at night or very early before the kids got on it.