Monday, September 28, 2020

Biking Again

 I can't believe how much he LOVES biking now!  A couple of years he was excited to get his new bike.  He flopped in over in the grass in the front yard.  He didn't want to have anything to do with it.  NOW he wants to go every day!!!  I'm so excited he loves this hobby with me.  


Another fun element is that he's starting to plan the whole thing!  He plans how much school work he has to do for the day for remote learning, he plans what we will have for lunch.  He plans what path we will go on.  When we get home we highlight our map and write the date on it.  Our goal is to eventually bike all of the Ohio & Erie Towpath Trail.  We don't have a set time by which we want to do it.  We just want it to be fun.

I'm guessing there won't be much quilting done in the near future.  It takes about 20 to 30 minutes to get to a bike path.  I really don't want him to ride on the road.  It's just not safe.  We have GORGEOUS bike paths around here aplenty!  We like to ride for about an hour and then turn around and ride an hour back for a total of a two hour ride.

6 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

While the weather is good, keep on biking. It is so neat that he loves to do it and plans for it. It has to be so good for his health and mental sharpness.

patty a. said...

I am so glad Owen didn't give up learning how to ride. I know I had my share of crashes when I learned how to ride! Do you drive over to the trail in Massillon? I use to ride on that trail up here. I never made it to Peninsula. I could ride my bike to the trail (a mile, mile and a half), but on the way home from the trail head there was some bike pushing because of several steep hills. I think it is great he does the planning too! Packing a lunch and figuring out a route are great skills!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Go, Owen, go!!! All of that planning is a great life skill. :o))

KatieQ said...

It's wonderful to be in an area where so many bike paths are available. It's great that Owen is in charge of planning the trips and lunch.

The Thompsons said...

How exciting! What a fun time together. You're making such awesome memories together.

Andee Neff said...

What a great way to pass the time of the pandemic! So nice to get in the beauty of the outdoors, exercise and together time!