Monday, September 21, 2020

The Red Zigzag Quilting is Done

 I finished this quilt and returned it to my friend early last week.  I've been a tad behind on my posts and such.


I used my Circle Lord giant template board called ZigZags.  I think the red thread gives the quilt a little jazz.  My friend giggled when she saw it.  This quilt is the one that had a cotton blanket as the batting.  Seriously... in some spots there was about 1/4" extra on the sides.  That's a little close for my comfort, but I made it work!  Woohoo.  Everybody is happy.  I went out of my comfort zone again.  You can also see that the width of the backing wasn't as wide as I usually like it either, but I got it on there.

Here's a close-up of the red-thread quilting.





1 comment:

patty a. said...

Good job getting this quilt done with the size limitations of the batting and backing. It turned out so pretty and I do love the red thread!