Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Finally Finished

 I finished this quilt and returned it to my friend yesterday.  


See the red (from the back at the bottom?)  The backing was not large enough.  Some blocks are upside down.  The red and green fabrics are stretchy.  Seams were a popping.  All repairs were made and it was quilted with my Circle Lord giant template board called Cosmos.  The customer requested swirls, but the swirls would hit each block just the wrong way taking away form the embroidered family names and birthdays.  All in all it turned out great.  This will on display at my friend's house.  She is super happy with it.


4 comments:

patty a. said...

That quilt was a big challenge and it turned out wonderful! It was smart of you to go ahead and change the quilting design to enhance the quilt. I am glad the owner is happy.

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Looks good. You did a great job on a challenging project. Did you also have to put the binding on for her or will she do that? I always wondered if you quilted first on the long arm and then put the binding on.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on getting this challenging quilt done and back to its maker!

Linda Swanekamp said...

I imagine that this quilt has given you some gray hairs. So good that she is super happy with it. Congratulations on getting it done.