In other projects this week, I got so much accomplished! I did a LOT of cleaning in my sewing room. I found TEN WIPS that I did not have on the list. Wow, that's a lot. But I have a plan and continue to work on each project now and then. My word for 2015 is FINISH.
A lady at church asked me if I knew anybody that could use some fabric!!!??? What??? Fabric from her mom that doesn't sew as much anymore? I was happy to help her out! I am soooo blessed! There are so many vintage florals -- perfect for my collection! I can't wait to chop them up and use them! I also love the holiday prints and various bags of lace and trims.
I got ALL of these blocks made for my Grand Illusion (Bonnie Hunter mystery). What progress! I only have four more blocks to assemble and I'm sure they will be done today.
All of my blocks for the Urban Churn Dash are complete! I just need to do some sashing.
I made three Double 9-patch blocks for the Block Lotto. The Block Lotto is so much fun! Click on the button on my sidebar to get there FAST! You could win these blocks if you play! It's also such a great place to learn new techniques. I use SCRAPS! What a better way to learn? Sophie's instructions are very easy to read and follow.
I made the block for the RSC15 project. This is Card Trick (in a sawtooth star).
I finished all of the 600+ HST for my Scrap Crystals quilt (from Bonnie Hunter's book, More Adventures with Leaders & Enders).
Here's a Scrap Crystal block to show you how fun this quit is (and the scrappy goodness!)
I finished the blocks for Pat Sloan's Hip to Be Square challenge and loaded it on the longarm frame. I patiently wait for warmer weather to quilt it. (The longarm area is not 100% heated.) Hopefully this one will be on and off the frame quickly. I'd like to have it done by 2/5.
I also need to get my Quilt Doodles 2014 BOM quilt on the frame and quilted. The blog hop is coming!!! I can't wait to see all of the pretty quilts. What a fun BOM that was! Here's the last row that I did in October:
Want to see the whole quilt? I have the borders on and hope to get it quilted before the fun blog hop! Cindy said there will be prizes for participants and readers!!! Here's the Quilt Doodle Designs 2014 BOM blog hop schedule:
I finished the last Classic Meets Modern block! Next thing is to do some sashing and cornerstones.
I'm linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday!
New Projects This Week
Pieces Still Need to be Cut & Sewn
1. Underpants Project
2. Digging up Bones (Owen's dinosaur quilt)
3. Rock Island Campfire Quilt
4. Picadilly Circle
5. ...And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play (one block to go)
6. MSBHQAL (Molli Sparkles Broken Herringbone Quilt Along)
7. Spring Sampler Series at Cora's Quilts8. Gypsy Wife QA (recycling Red/White Flower Basket Quilt into this project & duds.)
9. Leah Day Building Blocks QA
10. Love Laugh Quilt Christmas Improv QA
11. Classic Meets Modern BOM
12. Mod Mod QA (turning this one into a baby quilt)
13. Super Mario QA
14. Grand Illusion -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2014
15, Sew Sweet Simplicity BOM (made from shirt scraps)
16. Kite Girl (RSC14) Need one more red block and sashing made
17. Modern Trees QA (at Christ's Quilts)
18. Cabins at the Lake (from Fons & Porter Magazine) (only one house block complete.
19. Wanderlust (A Bonnie Hunter pattern -- only 2 blocks done.)
20. Flowers and Watercan (wall hanging)
21. Little Houses
22. Split Stars (Block Lotto win)
23. Spools (Leader & Ender project with Bonnie Hunter)
24. Fortune Teller (RSC14 started -- need blocks each month)
25. Slabs with White Rectangle (RSC14 started -- need blocks each month)
26. Pat Sloan 2015 BOM -- Vacation Time
27. Pat Sloan Jan/Feb 2015 Hip to be Square Challenge
Blocks Still Need to be Made
1. NY Beauty
2. Orca Bay
3. We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
4. Sweet Simplicity BOM5. Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt
6. Color coordinated hexagon quilt
7. Gourmet Quilter Sampler
8. Bluepatch Mystery Quilt
9. Amanda Murphy Designs (ugly fabric quilt)
10. Drunkard's Path Variation baby quilt
11. Scrap Crystals (working on blue pieces for RSC15)
12. RSC15 Sawtooth Star Sampler
Blocks are made but need to be sewn together (and/or some sashing)
1. Block Swap Adventure Orange/Yellow Sampler (2011-2012)
2. Block Lotto Dud (Orphan Block Quilt)
3. Orange/Blue Fish Blocks (that I won)
4. Split Stars (blocks won from Block Lotto; October, 2012)
5. African Violet baby quilt (Block Lotto inspired)
6. Tall Fly
7. Scrumptious Butter Churn All blocks are made!!!
8. Sonja's Windows string quilt
10. December 2014 Block Lotto Big O blocks that I won 12.31.14!
11. Block Swap Adventure (2013) Churn Dash Blocks
Quilts back needs to be made (tops are done)1. Celtic Solstice (Bonnie Hunter Mystery 2013)
2. Surround Stars Pillow (one big block is here somewhere. It will be a pillow when I find it.)
Ready to longarm
1. Little Letters QA Quilt (A RSC14 project)
2. Customer Quilt #1 -- Churn Dashes
3. Customer Quilt #2 -- Scrap Squares
4. Customer Quilt #3 -- Bonnie Hunter Stars pattern
5. Customer Quilt #4 -- Browns and Golds
6. Customer Quilt #5 -- Scrappy Fun
7. Local Quilt Guild 2015 Spring Tea quilt (longarm)
8. Quilt Doodle Designs BOM, 2014
Quilted, needs binding1.
Completed this week:
1. Plaid Patches Table Topper (A RSC14 project)
60 -- Current WIPS
01 -- Finishes for 2015