Saturday, January 10, 2015

Scrap Saturday RSC15

I LOVE playing with my blue scraps.  I know we're supposed to be working with the light blue scraps this month, but I just can't help it.  I need all shades of blue this month.  I'm working on the pattern, Scrap Crystals.   I chose this as one of the patterns to do first because I seriously overcut the green scraps that I needed while working on the Grand Illusion Mystery Quilt.  I didn't have to cut ANY more green squares!

This quilt pattern is by Bonnie Hunter and can be found in her book More Adventures with Leaders and Enders.  The block was also featured in her Addicted to Scraps column in Quiltmaker Magazine and in 100 Blocks Volume 8. 

Over the Christmas holiday break, my son and I sorted and cut ALL of the pieces for the quilt (except the back). 



 
Here's a picture of how many of my scrappy quilts start.  I love it when my son starts to move all of the stuff we need to the kitchen table.  He knows we're going to "play" in there all day!
 
 
I'm linking up with Angela's blog, SoScrappy,  for Scrap Saturday.


11 comments:

Nell's Quilts said...

Lovely scrap crystals in the works. Looks like the start of a beautiful quilt.

Cathy said...

Sounds like and looks like you and your son are having great fun!

Scrappy quilter said...

Great use of your blue scraps.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Beautiful block - and Yay--- great son to move your stuff!! You have trained him well lol!!

Julierose said...

What a lovely block--lotsa pieces! hugs, Julierose

Sheila said...

Love your blue scraps!

Katie Z. said...

Very lovely. I'd like to start Scrap Crystals at some point.

sewyouquilt2 said...

pretty quilt

Jennie in GA said...

Nice start....and what a sweet helper :-))

Julianne said...

Purdy Purdy Purdy!!

scraphappy said...

What a pretty pattern. I've admired this one several times, I love the way the stars overlap to form the center.