Sunday, January 11, 2015

Pat Sloan's Hip to be Square Challenge

Add another WIP to the list!  This one should be fast, fun, and a scrap buster.  I have a huge cheese ball jar of 2" squares.  I call them my UGLY squares.  When I'm sorting strings and scraps if there is a fabric that I can't classify as a specific color I put it in this jar cut into a 2" square.

This jar rarely gets emptied.  The 2" squares multiply from project to project.  Besides UGLY fabrics I throw in pieces that are just too small to have to open the color bags for.  That adds variety to the squares and makes it more fun.

I am using these to make a charity crib quilt for my local quilt guild. Pat Sloan is having a Hip to be Square Challenge.  The flimsy needs to be done by February 6th.  Hopefully my quilt will be completely done by then.  Here's what I have so far:

I'm linking up with Cynthia at Quilting is More Fun than Housework for Oh Scrap!  Come play with us and bring your scraps!

I think I better make another row before I attach these.  I'm getting too many pinks too close together.


Quilting is more fun than Housework


Here's a closer look at what I'm talking about when I say a huge cheese ball of 2" squares:



4 comments:

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

These are looking lovely & colourful... perfect for a crib quilt and such a good use of those 2" squares! {showing my ignorance here, but what is a flimsy?} Linda

Sandra Walker said...

This will be one happy little quilt! Aren't 16-patch blocks fun?!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

What a happy, scrappy little quilt this is going to be! Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

Kevin the Quilter said...

Hmmmm......I have some fabric that could play along like this too!