Sunday, January 25, 2015

Charm Square Sampler Quilt Along

I have two quilts that will finish this week.  Might as well start a new project.  LOL.  I haven't used two of my Accuquilt dies yet.  I figured if I grabbed a handful of scraps, some neutrals, and my dies, I'd be well on my way to doing this QA.  My plan is to make four of each block...  Since my blocks will be smaller, I will make multiple blocks.  A few here; a few there.  This would make a cute baby quilt.

I made two of block one and four of block two so far.  Here they are:



Charm Square Sampler Quilt Along

I'm using my 3" HST dies (2.5" finished).  I think I'll use red scraps.  Fun fun.  Maybe I'll throw in some black and some aqua?  Hmmmm.

Here's the schedule for the QA:

January 10--How to change your charm squares into Half-Square Triangles (HSTs)--the Magic begins!  (wink wink)
January 17--Block 1
January 24--Block 2
January 31--Block 3
February 7--Block 4
February 14--Block 5 & Happy Valentine's Day!
February 21--Block 6
February 28--Block 7
March 7--Catch-up week and Happy Birthday to Me!  I will be featured on Moda Bake Shop this week with another pre-cut fabrics quilt tutorial.
March 14--Block 8
Block 9 & Celebrate all of our blocks being sewn
March 21--Block 9 & Celebrate all of our  blocks being sewn.
March 28--Sewing the Settting Sashing
April 4--Add the Borders

Here's the planned blocks:

1 comment:

Julianne said...

I didnt know about this one!