I'm so excited that my WIP list is down to 51 projects. That may overwhelm some of you, but in the past it has been up as high as 92. I may not be the fastest finisher, but I am knocking them out one at a time.
This week I finished my Scrap Crystals quilt. You can read all about it here. Scrap Crystals is a pattern designed by Bonnie Hunter.
I have decided that my OMG for September will be a Christmas quilt. That will give me enough time to finish it if I procrastinate as much as I have been doing since this spring. I started this quilt March, 2021.
Bricks & Stepping Stones is a FREE pattern by Bonnie Hunter on her blog on the free patterns tab. You can find it here.
Here's the funky Christmas fabric pieced back I made for the Bricks & Stepping Stones quilt. Christmas flowers unite!
I got all of the Frankenbatting sewn so that I can someday load my friend's quilt onto the longarm frame. She really likes to challenge me on little side projects...
I'm linking up with Susan at Quilt Fabrication for Midweek Makers.
I now stand at 51 projects on my WIP list.
Pieces Need to be Cut & Sewn
1. Cheddar Jack cat pattern from
2. Digging up Bones (Owen's dinosaur quilt)
3. Rock Island Campfire Quilt
4. Picadilly Circle
5. ...And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play (one block to go)
6. RSC16 Folk Art Birds
7. 2016 Plus Blocks (from left over pieces of Soul Searching Blocks
8. Leah Day Building Blocks QA
9. Jelly Roll Rug
10. Classic Meets Modern BOM
11. Veggie Patch from Katie Mae Quilts
12. Mod Mod QA (from Block Lotto, circles w/lines)
13. Stay Centered started February, 2021
14. Rail Fence Blocks 82/900 complete started during the pink month of RSC21, January 2021
15. Gobble, Gobble, pattern by Lori Holt, started February 2021
16. Kite Girl (RSC14)
17. Amish Country BOM (from Lynn, Johnna's mom)
18. Cabins at the Lake (from Fons Porter Magazine) only one house block complete.)
19. 2.5" Scraps from Dani -- making "cracker" blocks
20. Waffle Blocks (August 2019 -- RSC19)
21. Little Houses (3.5" blocks)
22. Pumpkins & the Beanstalk (a 2nd quilt)
23. Dresser Scarf (My Grandma's WIP from the 1970's found 1/1/20
24. Linen & Threads Mystery SAL, Started 1/1/20 for my sew-to-go-bag
25. Slabs with White Rectangle (RSC14 started -- needs blocks each month)
26. Bonnie Hunter Box Kite class from March 2017
27. Unity Quilt Along with Bonnie Hunter (started 4/1/2020)
28. Full Stop, started RSC21 (January,2021)
29. Maroon Sampler Quilt--I found this on 2.6.21
30. Gypsy Wife QA started in August 2017
31. Kathleen Tracy's 2019 Mystery Quilt Facebook QA started in March, 2019
32. GO! ABC Quilt started during the pink month of RSC21, January 2021
Blocks Still Need to be Made
1. Bluepatch Mystery Quilt
2. Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt
3. We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
4. Drunkard's Path Variation quilt
Blocks Are Made But Need to be Sewn Together (and/or Some Sashing)
1. Tula Pink's City Sampler 100 Modern Quilt Blocks 5/17/17 QA
2. Cruise blocks won from Libby
3. Cathy's CRAZY BY DESIGN Dot Dot Dash Bag, Won April, 2018
4. Split Stars (blocks won from the Block Lotto, October, 2012)
5. African Violet baby quilt (Block Lotto inspired)
6. Tall Fly (blocks won from Block Lotto; October 2012)
7. Pre-printed cross stitch pillow sham (May 2018)
8. Sonja's Windows string quilt
9. Flower Baskets (blue and white with some applique) Block Lotto win 10/1/18
Quilt Back Needs to be Made (Tops are Done)
1. Card Trick (pink and blue)
2. Hunter Green Star Quilt
3. Good Fortune -- A Bonnie Hunter Mystery started Thanksgiving weekend, 2018
Ready to Longarm
1. Bubble Gum Pink & Navy Quilt
2. Bricks and Stepping Stones, Bonnie Hunter Free Pattern started 3.2.21
3. Red, White, & Blue Brick Quilt (CM), longarm for a friend