Here we are, half way through September already. Here's what's been happening:
I finished the longarm quilting on the red/white/blue quilt that belongs to a friend.
It was a challenge because it has Frankenbatting inside. She just gave me small pieces of batting and eventually they were pieced like a puzzle to make the batting just big enough with just a little wiggle room around the edges.
I was hard to get all the wrinkles out of the thick, white cotton. Once it goes through the washer/dryer it will be soft as ever. The stars and swirls look great on it.
It's canning season. Here's day one of a four-day marathon of canning whole tomatoes. I'll probably have to do a three-day marathon next week after I pick some more. This week I hope to can pumpkin. We had a bumper crop of pie pumpkins this year. Who doesn't like pumpkin spice EVERYTHING this time of year? Apples and pears are ready to pick as well.
With the help of my husband, we made this creepy doll head light as a Halloween decoration for my SIL's birthday. She was quite pleased! You can read more about that here.
I'm linking up with Susan at Quilt Fabrication for Midweek Makers.
I now stand at 50 projects on my WIP list.
This is a BIG improvement for me!
Pieces Need to be Cut & Sewn
1. Cheddar Jack cat pattern
2. Digging up Bones (Owen's dinosaur quilt)
3. Rock Island Campfire Quilt
4. Picadilly Circle
5. ...And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play (one block to go)
6. RSC16 Folk Art Birds
7. 2016 Plus Blocks (from left over pieces of Soul Searching Blocks
8. Leah Day Building Blocks QA
9. Jelly Roll Rug
10. Classic Meets Modern BOM
11. Veggie Patch from Katie Mae Quilts
12. Mod Mod QA (from Block Lotto, circles w/lines)
13. Stay Centered started February, 2021
14. Rail Fence Blocks 82/900 complete started during the pink month of RSC21, January 2021
15. Gobble, Gobble, pattern by Lori Holt, started February 2021
16. Kite Girl (RSC14)
17. Amish Country BOM (from Lynn, Johnna's mom)
18. Cabins at the Lake (from Fons Porter Magazine) only one house block complete.)
19. 2.5" Scraps from Dani -- making "cracker" blocks
20. Waffle Blocks (August 2019 -- RSC19)
21. Little Houses (3.5" blocks)
22. Pumpkins & the Beanstalk (a 2nd quilt)
23. Dresser Scarf (My Grandma's WIP from the 1970's found 1/1/20
24. Linen & Threads Mystery SAL, Started 1/1/20 for my sew-to-go-bag
25. Slabs with White Rectangle (RSC14 started -- needs blocks each month)
26. Bonnie Hunter Box Kite class from March 2017
27. Unity Quilt Along with Bonnie Hunter (started 4/1/2020)
28. Full Stop, started RSC21 (January,2021)
29. Maroon Sampler Quilt--I found this on 2.6.21
30. Gypsy Wife QA started in August 2017
31. Kathleen Tracy's 2019 Mystery Quilt Facebook QA started in March, 2019
32. GO! ABC Quilt started during the pink month of RSC21, January 2021
Blocks Still Need to be Made
1. Bluepatch Mystery Quilt
2. Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt
3. We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
4. Drunkard's Path Variation quilt
Blocks Are Made But Need to be Sewn Together (and/or Some Sashing)
1. Tula Pink's City Sampler 100 Modern Quilt Blocks 5/17/17 QA
2. Cruise blocks won from Libby
3. Cathy's CRAZY BY DESIGN Dot Dot Dash Bag, Won April, 2018
4. Split Stars (blocks won from the Block Lotto, October, 2012)
5. African Violet baby quilt (Block Lotto inspired)
6. Tall Fly (blocks won from Block Lotto; October 2012)
7. Pre-printed cross stitch pillow sham (May 2018)
8. Sonja's Windows string quilt
9. Flower Baskets (blue and white with some applique) Block Lotto win 10/1/18
Quilt Back Needs to be Made (Tops are Done)
1. Card Trick (pink and blue)
2. Hunter Green Star Quilt
3. Good Fortune -- A Bonnie Hunter Mystery started Thanksgiving weekend, 2018
Ready to Longarm
1. Bubble Gum Pink & Navy Quilt
2. Bricks and Stepping Stones, Bonnie Hunter Free Pattern started 3.2.21