Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Soul Searching Quilting Complete WIP Wednesday 4.7.21

I had another really productive week!  I completed the quilting on the quilt called Soul Searching.  It is also trimmed.  This quilt is my April OMG (one main goal).  I quilted it with a very dense pattern from Urban Elementz called Ba Da Bing.

 

Oh how I love the dense texture on this quilt.

I made this large, pieced yellow back in February when yellow was the color of the month for the RSC21.  It worked out great for this quilt.


This stripe looks great on the back with these two different sized gingham checks.  I love the rich texture.  It looks sort of tribal to me -- or like gears and swirls.


I finished the Patriotic Folk Animals quilt (pattern by Sandy Bonsib.)  You can read details here.


I finally finished a dark green Picadilly Circle block.  I made a few rail fence blocks too. 81/900


I opened the shoe box containing my Scrap Crystals project (pattern by Bonnie Hunter).  It's like greeting an old friend.  Now that I have this opened and I'm starting to sort it, I just want to keep going on it until it is a finished product.


I needed two more owls for my Owl's Well That Ends Well quilt that I started for the RSC19.  I didn't have dark green owls, but now I do.  Hooray for moving another quilt closer to a finish.



I now stand at 55 projects on my WIP list.  
Pieces Need to be Cut & Sewn
 1.  Cheddar Jack cat pattern from 
 2.  Digging up Bones (Owen's dinosaur quilt)
 3.  Rock Island Campfire Quilt
 4.  Picadilly Circle
 5.  ...And Sew On BOM at Quiet Play (one block to go)
 6.  RSC16 Folk Art Birds
 7.  2016 Plus Blocks (from left over pieces of Soul Searching Blocks
 8.  Leah Day Building Blocks QA
 9.  Jelly Roll Rug
10.  Classic Meets Modern BOM
11.  Veggie Patch from Katie Mae Quilts
12.  Mod Mod QA (from Block Lotto, circles w/lines)
13.  Stay Centered started February, 2021
14.  Rail Fence Blocks 64/900 complete started during the pink month of RSC21, January 2021
15.  Gobble, Gobble, pattern by Lori Holt, started February 2021
16.  Kite Girl (RSC14)
17.  Amish Country BOM (from Lynn, Johnna's mom)
18.  Cabins at the Lake (from Fons  Porter Magazine) only one house block complete.)
19.  2.5" Scraps from Dani -- making "cracker" blocks
20.  Waffle Blocks (August 2019 -- RSC19)
21.  Little Houses (3.5" blocks)
22.  Pumpkins & the Beanstalk (a 2nd quilt)
23.  Dresser Scarf (My Grandma's WIP from the 1970's found 1/1/20
24.  Linen & Threads Mystery SAL, Started 1/1/20 for my sew-to-go-bag
25.  Slabs with White Rectangle (RSC14 started -- needs blocks each month)
26.  Bonnie Hunter Box Kite class from March 2017
27.  Unity Quilt Along with Bonnie Hunter (started 4/1/2020)
28.  Full Stop, started RSC21 (January)
29.  Maroon Sampler Quilt--I found this on 2.6.21
30.  Gypsy Wife QA started in August 2017
31.  Kathleen Tracy's 2019 Mystery Quilt Facebook QA started in March, 2019
32.  GO! ABC Quilt started during the pink month of RSC21, January 2021

Blocks Still Need to be Made
 1.  Bluepatch Mystery Quilt
 2.  Scrap Crystals (RSC15)
 3.  We Can Do It Skill Builder Sampler
 4.  Drunkard's Path Variation quilt
 5.  Finding Nemo Scrappy Trip quilt 

Blocks Are Made But Need to be Sewn Together (and/or Some Sashing)
 1.  Tula Pink's City Sampler 100 Modern Quilt Blocks 5/17/17 QA
 2.  Cruise blocks won from Libby
 3.  Cathy's CRAZY BY DESIGN Dot Dot Dash Bag, Won April, 2018
 4.  Split Stars (blocks won from the Block Lotto, October, 2012)
 5.  African Violet baby quilt (Block Lotto inspired)
 6.  Tall Fly (blocks won from Block Lotto; October 2012)
 7.  Pre-printed cross stitch pillow sham (May 2018)
 8.  Sonja's Windows string quilt
 9.  Flower Baskets (blue and white with some applique) Block Lotto win 10/1/18
10.  Owl's Well That Ends Well (RSC19 project started 1/26/19)

Quilt Back Needs to be Made (Tops are Done)
1.  Card Trick (pink and blue)
2.  Hunter Green Star Quilt
3.  Good Fortune -- A Bonnie Hunter Mystery started Thanksgiving weekend, 2018

Ready to Longarm
1.  Bubble Gum Pink & Navy Quilt
2.  Bricks and Stepping Stones, Bonnie Hunter Free Pattern started 3.2.21
3.  9-Patch Scrap Quilt (CM) received 3/19/21 to quilt for a friend

Needs Binding
1.  Soul Searching -- Julianne sent it to me on 8/29/19

I'm linking up with Midweek Makers.    Check out the perfect circles of Susan's beach house!  She used the Crafter's Edge die cutter for it.

9 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

All great projects. Love seeing them.

patty a. said...

you will have no problem getting Soul Searching done by the end of April! You got it quilted fast! Did you and Owen go bike riding yesterday? It was so beautiful outside and today is going to be just as nice. It's too hot for me to walk at lunchtime now, but I enjoy my evenings digging in the yard.

Needled Mom said...

You really got a lot done. I love your Soul Searching. Quilting just makes a piece come alive.

Kathy S. said...

Thank you, Linda. Owen and I did a countdown of school days yesterday. There are less than forty days of school left! Woohoo! Hopefully I'll have a couple more finishes before summer.

Kathy S. said...

It's gorgeous out today again! Windows are finally open in the bedrooms. Linens are washed and fresh. I guess you and I both will be having after dinner walks or bike rides. I already have that green polka dot binding made for this quilt. It should be finished in no time. Many random green plants transplanted last year are starting to pop up in the chicken yard. Let's see what they (and their duck friends) don't eat...

Kathy S. said...

I've had this quilting design for a while but wasn't experienced enough to use it. I got a lot of experience on this quilt and really love the texture.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your quilting is so pretty, Kathy . And I am so in love with your Patriotic Animals quilts. Looking forward to seeing your progress on Scrap Crystals. You are always an inspiration, Kathy. Happy quilting and have a great rest of the week, dear.

Mussen said...

Hello
We are professional traders, earning on forex and binary for investors weekly, will love to tell you all more about our investment platform where you can invest funds as little as $200 and start earning $2500 weekly, alot of people has benefited from this investment offer before and during this convid-19 virus, if you passing through financial difficulties due to this coronavirus and you need help paying bills simply choose a suitable investment plan for yourself and start making profit weekly

$500 to earn $5,000 in 7 days
$1000 to earn $10000 in 7 days
$5000 to earn $50000 in 7 days

To Start your investment now contact Via whatsapp: (+12166263236)
email: carlose78910@gmail.com

yanmaneee said...

golden goose sneakers
moncler jackets
yeezy 500
golden goose francy
bape
nike sb dunk low
lebron james shoes
kobe shoes
stone island
birkin bag