Friday, April 16, 2021

Scrap Crystals Quilt Top Is Complete

I'm so excited that I finished piecing my Scrap Crystals quit top last night.  Scrap Crystals is a Bonnie Hunter design in her book More Adventures With Leaders & Enders.  Here it is in the 6pm sun & wind:


I'm super happy how the colors play in this one.  It was pretty windy.


The next step will be making a light/bright blue pieced backing for this.  I may also look through the orphan blocks to see what blue blocks I have.  I'm sure there are a few.


I'm linking up at Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?






11 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is definitely whoop-worthy, Kathy! So pretty!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Kathy, it came out great! All the colors are so clear and play well together.

Kathy S. said...

Thanks, Linda. I think those bright sky blues really sparkle in there.

Kathy S. said...

One block of this quilt was pinned to the curtain above my sewing machine for years. I'm so glad I fell in love with it again.

Preeti said...

Scrap Crystals is so beautiful!!! I love it - the colors are just perfect. I can see you put so much work and love into it. It will make a spectacular quilt.

The Joyful Quilter said...

That turned out SEW pretty, Kathy!! Your quilt top has me wishing I had made one of these quilts.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Scrap Cyrstals is beautiful , Kathy. You always have fun projects going on. Happy quilting.

Kathy S. said...

Thanks, Preeti. This was a lot of fun to assemble in little snippets.

Kathy S. said...

Come back tomorrow and see the turkeys I made this week. The polka dots are really fun!

Kathy S. said...

It's not too late, Joy. It is easy to add to the list. It's finding the time to make it that gets a little tricky.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Really beautiful! Great job, Kathy!