Saturday, April 3, 2021

RSC21 Transitioning from Green to Blue

 I have a great WIP for transitioning from scrappy greens to scrappy light blues -- Scrap Crystals.  This is a pattern by Bonnie Hunter in her book, More Adventures With Leaders and Enders.  


I started these blocks for the RSC15.  It's a good point for me to pick them back up and work until there is a finished top.Some of the baggies are labeled.  Some of the blocks are made.  I see the sashings are cut and wadded in the box.  There are some really fun green fabrics in the bottom of the box.  Woohoo -- bonus!  I forgot all about them, but the memories come rushing back when I see them.  I need to just keep working on these.  Once I sort them I don't want to put them away and sort them again.

I needed two more owls for my Owl's Well That Ends Well quilt that I started for the RSC19.  I didn't have dark green owls, but now I do.  Hooray for moving another quilt closer to a finish.


I had enough blue scraps in the 2.5" bin to whip together these GO! ABC quilt letters.  I only needed the C and the O this month.  Now I can put this bin away until May.


I put the first row together and I think it's going to be a great charity KIDS quilt!


The scrappy black background is really making the letter colors pop.

I finished a project I started in February this year!  I made the yellow coats for the Santa.  In March I made the scrappy green trees AND finished the tree skirt!


I finally made a dark green Picadilly Circle block.  I also made a few more rail fence blocks.  I now have 81 of 900 complete.  These add up in no time at all.  :)


I hope I can be as productive with the light/bright blues this month as I was with the greens in March.  I'm linking up with Angela at SoScrappy for the RSC21.  The party starts here.



12 comments:

Ivani said...

Lots of fun blocks for playing, Kathy. I will look forward for seeing more of the Scrap Crystals. The ABC's quilt sure will make a kid smile. It will be a cute quilt for donation. Happy weekend.

maggie fellow said...

wow so many fun projects - go for blue

scraphappy said...

You were productive in March. Lots of blues waiting to be added to your collections in April.

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE those stars for your Scrap Crystals quilt, Kathy, and that ABC quilt is going to be SEW cute!!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those owls are so cute! I remember you making them in other years. They'll make a fun quilt!

grammajudyb said...

I like your ABC blocks! It will really make a fabulous kid’s quilt! I can’t wait to see your Owls Well quilt top!

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Lots of things to keep you busy. Love the owls.
Have a great day!

Deb A said...

My goodness, you have been productive. I love that you are adding a few blocks to some older collections. So fun to go down fabric memory lane. Loving the ABC quilt and the owls.

Maggie said...

Wow, that is a find. Treasure forgotten, now found. Very happy colours in those stars. Plenty of beautiful projects on the go.

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness, such a lot going on at your place,I love the owls and the ABC blocks. You made me smile when you wrote "81 blocks stitched out of 900" and you dont seem at all daunted by this.

Mussen said...

Hello
We are professional traders, earning on forex and binary for investors weekly, will love to tell you all more about our investment platform where you can invest funds as little as $200 and start earning $2500 weekly, alot of people has benefited from this investment offer before and during this convid-19 virus, if you passing through financial difficulties due to this coronavirus and you need help paying bills simply choose a suitable investment plan for yourself and start making profit weekly

$500 to earn $5,000 in 7 days
$1000 to earn $10000 in 7 days
$5000 to earn $50000 in 7 days

To Start your investment now contact Via whatsapp: (+12166263236)
email: carlose78910@gmail.com

Mussen said...

Hello
We are professional traders, earning on forex and binary for investors weekly, will love to tell you all more about our investment platform where you can invest funds as little as $200 and start earning $2500 weekly, alot of people has benefited from this investment offer before and during this convid-19 virus, if you passing through financial difficulties due to this coronavirus and you need help paying bills simply choose a suitable investment plan for yourself and start making profit weekly

$500 to earn $5,000 in 7 days
$1000 to earn $10000 in 7 days
$5000 to earn $50000 in 7 days

To Start your investment now contact Via whatsapp: (+12166263236)
email: carlose78910@gmail.com