Sunday, December 29, 2019

Jumanji 2...

Our son and I LOVE to see a cheap movie once in a while.  (By cheap, $4.50 is the cheapest we can find in our area.)  Winter is a great time for movies.  We saw Jumanji 2 this week.  LOVED IT!!!  I'm glad that we didn't take my husband.  He did not see the first one.  You don't have to have seen the first one, but in my opinion I think it was better that we did.





And last but not least, I DARE not let out the fact that Owen made the Merit Role!!!  Woohoo.  Great job Owen.  This photo was taken by a mom that attended the program while I was at work.  Owen also loved participating in HAT day AND PJ pants day at school that day...


He also has a new hobby -- ROCK TUMBLING!  Last year for Christmas he got a metal detector.  He loves finding treasures and digging them up in our yard.  He also loves to gather different rocks.  The rock tumbler was a hit.  I wonder if he would like to make his own treasures by adding some jewelry making skills and some kits next year?  We shall see.  That would be great for improving fine motor skills.  I know he would also love making me and his aunt jewelry gifts.  I have a pile of special rocks on my sewing table right now that he loved and gave to me.  :) He has the biggest heart.




3 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Was the hot dog costume part of spirit week, too? DS1 went through a rock tumbling phase, too.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I love that you and your son have such good quality time together. I go to movies with my 15 year old grandson and enjoy it too. Wonderful hobbies for him...I have a metal detector and have found my share of nails, pennies and once a small pair of scissors. It is fun. Love the slow stitching items you shared last post. I once embroidered a Paragon kit that was crewel with wool, that was quite a while ago. Happy New Year!

Kathy S. said...

No, it was not part of spirit week although he wanted it to be. It was something I found at our Goodwill Outlet where most items are $1.39 per pound. He just LOVES costumes.