Saturday, December 7, 2019

RSC19 -- Purple Sand Castle Blocks

I had time to work on finishing my purple sand castle blocks this week.  This is a Bonnie Hunter pattern.  I'm concerned about these blocks because when I partially assembled them my 1/4" foot was broken.  They measure just a tad under the correct size for the unfinished block.  I'm sure they will fit into the quilt just fine with a little tweaking.


I'm linking up with Angela at SoScrappy for the RSC19.

SoScrappy

What a difference a little bit makes when it comes to that 1/4" foot!  I ordered TWO of the correct ones on eBay and have been using them.  I just have to realize that the one I really like for my machine is plastic and becomes brittle over time.  The magnet foot just and the metal foot just aren't for me.

1 comment:

The Joyful Quilter said...

I'm sure you'll manage to make those block work for you, Kathy.