Sunday, September 8, 2019

Slow Sunday Stitching

This project got to go to school with me this week!  I'm happy to be able to stitch to pass the time.  This school day was easy-peasy, lemon-squeezy.  This small quilt pattern is called Patriotic Folk Animals.  It can be found in the book, Americana Quilts by Sandy Bonsib.

I finished the simple yellow Xs that represent stars on the animals bodies.


I had time to mark the mane and tail of the horse and the tail of the dog with a FriXion pen.


I need to find the right navy blue for the stitching for the next school day/waiting period.

I'm linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.

Slow Sunday Stitching






9 comments:

CathieJ said...

It is great that you can stitch in school. I like that horse.

Gretchen Weaver said...

I'm glad you were able to stitch at the new school and it worked out well. Have a great week and happy stitching!

Quilter Kathy said...

Such a great way to pass the time!
Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Great looking quilt...love the plaid and red polka dot fabric. Have a great day!

Karrin Hurd said...

Love that block and that book

Deb A said...

So fun the projects you stitch at school!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wow!! You finished Owen's quilt AND made progress on this project?!?! Impressive.

Kim said...

The horse is sweet. How great you can stitch at school.

Julie Kaye from KS said...

I made the same animal, flag quilt years ago. It hangs over the piano in my living room. Such a fun quilt.