Monday, September 16, 2019

Ohio Quilt

Now that I added borders to the Ohio quilt it's time to make a back.  This made the quilt larger than what I was going for, but it fits our California King bed perfectly.  Some things are just meant to be.  We need a new, larger summer quilt for our bed.  My husband likes it.


This quilt was made with 2.5" scrappy squares (2" finished in the quilt.)  The next size down would be made with 2" squares (1.5" finished in the quilt.)

It's time to move this project forward and make a big, scrappy back for it.  I have a feeling that fabrics selected will come out of the "ugly" bin.  The fabrics themselves aren't really ugly... it's just that when I sort them they have so many colors in them that they don't fit into a "color" bin.  I should re-name the bin multi instead of ugly to be politically correct...  Let's not go there.

I'm linking up at Em's Scrap Bag for Moving It Forward Monday.

4 comments:

Needled Mom said...

That’s really neat! Great idea too.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Best of luck with the HUGE pieced backing you need to create, Kathy. Looking forward to seeing how many "uglies" you use up!

patty a. said...

I think I would be finding the biggest pieces I could for the back otherwise that will be a lot of sewing to make a back big enough. The top is very cool. I can't wait to see it done!

Susie H said...

What a cool quilt! Maybe once we get our "last home", maybe I'll try one. Wonder what state I'll be making??? Lol!