Monday, December 28, 2020

Go Four It

 I made a lot of progress on my Go Four It quilt!  All the blocks are complete.  I just need to put the little rows together for the corner.  I love all the scrappy goodness of this one.


That's my Accuquilt tumbler quilt thrown on the chair behind this quilt.  It gets used often.

The Go Four It pattern can be found in the magazine AMERICAN PATCHWORK & QUILTING, April 2015.  I worked on this as a leader/ender project for quite a while.  It seemed like I would make four-patches with the little pieces left over at the end of the month for various projects of the RSC (Rainbow Scrap Challenge.)  I hope to have the corner assembled and then add the suggested border in neutrals this week.  I'm probably going to sew a scrappy neutral back for it.

I really wasn't expecting to get this much sewn together this week.  It went together quickly as I watched dvds from the library.  As I look outside my sewing window there is a beautiful blanket of about 8" of snow.  Many of these red squares are left over pieces from my Garden Party quilt (Pattern by Bonnie Hunter) that I finished and gifted on Christmas Eve.

I'm linking up at Beth's blog, Love Laugh Quilt for Monday Making.




7 comments:

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

I always enjoy seeing your quilting projects. You are so prolific . Have a wonderful New Year.

Kathy S. said...

Thank you, Melisa! You have a great new year too! I am one of your new followers! I look forward to seeing fun stuff on your blog in 2021.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Kathy, is a gorgeous quilt. All of it, though made up of such different pieces, overall has a tile floor feel that is luxurious.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I've always loved this pattern. I'm looking forward to seeing your quilt come together. A scrappy neutral backing sounds SEW lovely, Kathy!

patty a. said...

You have made a lot of progress on this top. I know I have the fabric squares to make one myself! You sent me the directions so I have no excuse!

Gretchen Weaver said...

You are so close to finishing this flimsy! Maybe it'll be the first complete finish of 2021? Happy stitching!

PaintedThread said...

Wow, that looks like a ton of tiny pieces!