Thursday, July 18, 2019

OMG! I Found my OMG!

I have been looking and looking for this Cafe' Mocha quilt.  I finally found it!!!  The bag was in a project container (one of those under-the-bed storage totes.)  It was UNDER my kid's trampoline that is in the longarm room!  Here's it current situation:


It's all coming back to me...  I measured the 1/4" inch seams and they aren't a true 1/4".  I need to set my stitch-to-edge to 0.8 for the seams to come out just right.  It's important that the seams nest for this to be a great quilt pattern.  Note to self...  push the button on your sewing machine three times move the needle to 0.8 so that the seams come out on this project.


I also remember I was having trouble figuring out where to put the colors...  These fabrics were received during an "ugly fabric quilt challenge".  Someone else thought these fabrics were ugly or not their cup of tea.  I believe we swapped about three yards of fabric.  I added a couple of pinks and a rust to the mix.  They are playing nicely together in this quilt pattern called Cafe' Mocha by Amanda Murphy.  Speaking of that... I need a cup of coffee and I'm putting in the dvd Bumble Bee that I got from the local library.  Then to start sewing these blocks together.  Let's get 'er done!




I'm so excited I found it!  Can I get the piecework finished, a back made, and the quilt quilted by the end of the month?  We shall see.

I'm linking up with Wendy B. at Sugarlane Designs for Friday Night Sew In -- FNSI.  Looks like I'll be sorting out quilt pieces, cutting a few more to make it wider, and trying to get it into a quilt top.

3 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

OMG! I'm SEW happy that you found the pieces and parts for your OMG. Sorry to hear that it's such a fiddly pattern. It's going to be a GORGEOUS quilt!!

patty a. said...

That is great you found the rest of the quilt parts. Which fabric was the "ugly" fabric?

Needled Mom said...

Oh yay! It’s looking great so far.