Thursday, July 11, 2019

Cleaning the Longarm Room -- Mosaic Mystery Quilt Fabrics

When the teen was here learning to longarm her quilt for the county fair I managed just a bit of cleaning.  She was here about eight hours.  Some of that time was spent giving her instructions on how to start and stop a row and how to advance a quilt.  These are the before pics.


It's almost like a Where's Waldo book above.  Can you find the teen?  She kinda blends in with the ironing board in the top photo.  The bottom photo shows a close-up of the trampoline area.  That was my main focus since it didn't take long to put my tools on the long brown table away and haul my kid's Hot Wheels track and other miscellaneous toys to their storage place.


I will be quilting along at Meadow Mist Designs and the Mosaic Mystery Quilt.  I am linking up my fabric choices here.  I will be using light, medium, and dark blues.  NO FABRIC PURCHASE NECESSARY for this QA!  I will also be using random neutrals.  (They are in the two clear totes directly behind the trampoline.


I managed to get most of the blues sorted into three big totes.  Blues and greens seem to be the scraps that I have the most of.  Some day I will sort the greens.  I sorted the blues into bins of light, medium, and dark fabrics.  This will be helpful someday when I'm working my way through on one of Bonnie Hunter's books.  I plan on cutting my project list down a bit before starting more Bonnie Hunter patterns.  Someday...

Believe it or not, the above picture shows cleaning and organizing improvements.  I may need to re-think my bins sizes.  The left bin is light blues.  The center is medium blues.  The green bin front right still needs SORTED! The black bin behind the bin to be sorted is only half full of dark (navy) blues.  Let the sorting continue!  It's a good problem to have.  I have been blessed by friends that love to surprise me with a bag of goodies at the least thought of places... school, home, church... a baseball game, a picnic, a family gathering...  all fun!



2 comments:

Danice G said...

What a wonderful stash of fabric! Looks like your organizing is going well. I'd always welcome fabric from anyone who would surprise me with some.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Judging by your scrap storage system, you WIN!!! I have ZERO fabric scraps in comparison. That being said, I still absolutely LOVE it when my quilting friends bring my scrap baggies!! I got two quart-sized bags at Quilt Bee today. They were pressed and neatly folded into the baggies... which has to be a first!! :o))