Friday, December 20, 2013

Scrappy Christmas QA Finish

I'm happy to have another Friday finish during this busy time of year. 

I started this quilt last year and finished the quilt top on time.  I just couldn't decide how to finish it.  I finally decided to quilt it with my go-to Circle Lord Swirls.  I was confident enough to use red thread in the quilting and it turned out great.  Happy happy happy!  No fabrics were purchased on purpose for this quilt.  I got the backing fabric at a garage sale for $5.  I did have to buy a special Accuquilt die.  It was the 2" square die that cuts six 2" squares at a time.  I didn't really think that I would use that die much, but now I use it all the time! 

It was funny that I didn't know what to use for the binding.  I had a poinsettia fabric pulled for another project and not used and it ended up laying on top of the quilt by accident.  Turns out it was a great choice of binding for it.

You can find the quilt instructions at Sunshower Quilts.  Katrina blogs here.

Here's the pieced back.  I like the scrappy churn dashes.  I might just have to make a quilt like that someday.




I'm happy to link up with Richard and Tanya Quilts for the Link-A-Finish FRIDAY.
 
I'm also linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts:

5 comments:

Julianne said...

Oh I love it! What a wonderful Christmas quilt...very nice Kathy!

Joanie's Trendy Quilts said...

Gorgeous Christmas quilt Kathy!

Katrina said...

Beautiful work! So great to see it finished and in time for Christmas this year - well done!

beaquilter said...

oh this looks great and great job using the die

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful quilt and I recently bought that die also!